SpaceX Crew Dragon | Returning Home | Mission Complete|

Returning Home!

At

2020-08-02T18:42:00Z

SpaceX Endeavor with two Astronauts (Robert Behnken & Doug Hurley) will undock and arrive in the Atlantic Ocean, August 2nd at 18:42 UTC

This will be the first return of an commercial built US spacecraft back to earth.

Undocking will happen at

2020-08-01T23:34:00Z

crew-uphill_sim-20200320-129a8076_main

NASA Next Mission

Announcement

Next Mission

Credit: NASA

Thread will be updated accordingly

37 Likes

Sleep has always been overrated anyway… right?

7 Likes

Unless they would return straight to my home I’m thrilled

2 Likes

They can sleep in the capsule ;) But who would sleep if you in SPACE don’t get that opportunity a lot anyways… 36hrs+ without sleep isn’t going to harm you…

2 Likes

Oh I don’t worry for the spacemen and women, I’m talking about my fellow Europeans ;-)

2 Likes

sleep? never heard of it (@rolls can confirm that i hate sleep schedules)

2 Likes

I somehow assumed it was just left to burn down on re-entry, which sounds really stupid the more I think of it.

Will be interesting to see this premiere! Thanks for sharing the news, I would probably have missed this otherwise!

Thanks for sharing! I’m looking forward to seeing it

I must see the undocking but Idk if I’ll be still awake. Hope the mission’s going to be successful. Go SpaceX and NASA!

Once you enter earth atmosphere, technically you burning down back to earth.

2 Likes

Gotta say, I don’t quite see the thrill in leaving the only inhabited place that’s COVID free.

In all seriousness, this should be cool to watch. Certainly a milestone.

5 Likes

That’s true, yes. But the goal isn’t to have the least of rubbish, but to safely take people to the ground, which makes quite a difference ;)

1 Like

Well the goal of the mission was to show NASA SpaceX is able to fly astronauts to space and back. And well the mission isn’t finished yet until they leave the capsule alive 😄

1 Like

Indeed, somehow missed that this included the return part. Looking forward to it and thanks once again!

1 Like

Countdown: 22hrs till undock from I.S.S!

1 Like

Offical Live

Stream:
https://youtu.be/13OkD0C_TWU

*Click picture at the top direct to this link also!

1 Like

Do you think SpaceX’s channel will also stream the live too?

1 Like

Yeah, of course! (Happy Birthday)

1 Like

Stream going live in 4 minutes!

IM watching Right Now!

1 Like