SPACEX Crew Dragon Launch (Nov. 15, 2020) (LIVE)

Hey everyone. Right now SpaxeX is launching another crew dragon rocket. It will launch in one hour from now (EST time). Tune into there YouTube Click here for SpaceX LIVE . You can also watch it on NASA’s live stream; Click here for NASA LIVE . I think all of you should tune in for this emotional and important time in history and aviation.

I hope nothing bad happens and go #launchamerica and godspeed Crew Dragon and best of luck.

Crew Dragon Background

Open quote - “The SpaceX Dragon 2 is a class of [reusable] spacecraft developed and manufactured by American aerospace manufacturer [SpaceX] as the successor to Dragon, a reusable cargo spacecraft. It has two variants: Crew Dragon, a space capsule capable of ferrying up to seven astronauts, and Cargo Dragon, an updated replacement for the original Dragon spacecraft. The spacecraft launches atop a Falcon 9 Block 5rocket and returns to Earth via an ocean splashdown. Unlike its predecessor, the spacecraft can dock itself to the ISS instead of being berthed. Crew Dragon is equipped with an integrated launch escape system (LES) capable of accelerating the vehicle away from the rocket in an emergency at 11.8 m/s2 (39 ft/s2), accomplished by using a set of four side-mounted thruster pods with two SuperDraco engines each. The spacecraft features redesigned solar arrays and a modified outer mold line compared to the original Dragon, and possesses new flight computers and avionics. As of March 2020, four Dragon 2 spacecraft have been manufactured (not counting structural test articles that were never airborne).” ** - end quote.

Are You Watching the Launch?
  • Yes I am!
  • No I am not sorry.
  • Checking it out right now!

0 voters

3 Likes

I think this would belong to #real-world-aviation. Please correct me if I am wrong.

ok ill change rn

1 Like

Already a topic about this.

oh ok. I’ll check it out. I linked both lives here and included some background that I think will be helpful for users to understand the rocket and its components.

Continue in topic linked above.