Southwest Virtual | Heart Sets Us Apart

Southwest Virtual has been a member of the Infinite Flight Community for over a year and half. We created a unique system that lets us serve those at the front, our pilots, and those at the back, our passengers. We strive to be a professional and dedicated VA, but we know that we’ve fallen short of our vision the past few months. This new thread serves as a re-dedication to the VA, and a promise to continue to strive forward and restore the SWV we once had. We’ll go through the basics everyone knows, and introduce some new and exciting features. Join us as we embark on a new era!

The Basics: Routes and Fleets

Southwest Virtual has 1,200 routes throughout the United States, Mexico, and the Caribbean. In addition to real-life routes, we have also added service to Alaska to offer a broader range of service for our pilots and passengers. We will also be launching service to 4 Hawaiian cities later this year in conjunction with the highly anticipated real-world routes, and plan on adding service to Canada in the future. We have replaced our current routes database with a new system only available to pilots (more on that below), but you can still view a public version of all routes right here. Although we operate a point-to-point route system, this creates several cities with a number of destinations. We call these cities “hubs”, even though they’re not technically hubs based on our route route structure. Below is a map of all our hubs. There is more information on our website regarding our routes (just click the map to be redirected).

SWV%20Hubs

Southwest Virtual operates a very simple fleet. Our routes are relatively short-haul, and we don’t really see the need for any of those expensive jumbo jets, so we operate a fleet of all-Boeing 737s. We currently fly the 737-700 and 737-800 in three liveries. The 737MAX will be incorporated into the fleet should it be added to Infinite Flight. Rather than clutter our thread we unnecessary information, we will redirect you to our website for more detailed information on our fleet.

Fleet Information

Additional Features: Booking and Crew System

Our booking system has been a part of our VA since the beginning. It’s very simple, and we understand it may seem unnecessary for some, so we won’t waste much time on it. To book a flight, simply visit the website and fill out a form. You will receive an e-mail confirmation with your flight information once it has been processed. 24 hours before your departure time, check in to receive a boarding pass. Then, you can track your flight on LiveFlight or you can fly right alongside your pilot. We also offer cargo shipping and a rapid rewards program. Once again, we encourage you to visit our website for more information.

Booking Website
Book a Passenger Flight
Book a Cargo Flight
Check In
Rapid Rewards

We have launched a new crew system powered by VAM, only to be used by our pilots. This is a step to become more professional as well as an attempt to speed up turnaround times on flight hours and promotions (something we struggled with before). The new system is completely automated, and will be easier for everyone. Features include, all routes stored in a neat table, fleet records, PIREP filing, tours, awards, detailed information about your flights, and much more. Although some parts are only available to registered users, we welcome you to check it out using the link below.

Crew System

Our VA: Human Resources

Applications are open right now for pilots. We do have a couple of requirements, they are all listed below. If you’re ready, click the link at the bottom of the section to fill out an application.

Description and Requirements

As a Southwest Virtual pilot, you would be joining one of the Infinite Flight Communities’ most professional, active, and advanced VA. You would operate our fleet of Boeing 737-700 and Boeing 737-800 across nearly 45 routes Pre-Global, and 1,000+ routes Post-Global. Our pilots have access to everything they need, including route and fleet information, airport ramp locations, charts, and maps, as well as a dedicated staff team.

• Must have an active and valid Live or Live+ subscription
  • Must have access to the Boeing 737-700 (Boeing 737-800 is preferred, but not required)
  • Must have an active Infinite Flight Community Account
  • Be able to pass a 737 Line Check
  • Have a drama-free past on the IFC and other Infinite Flight-related communities/groups

Southwest Virtual Human Resources Director @Juanca handles all candidates. Please fill out an application, or contact him with any questions regarding the process.

Apply Now on Our Website

@CaptJackson, Chief Executive Officer
@Meteorology7, Flight Operations Director
@Juanca, Human Resources Director
@TheDeltaFLyerr, Booking Director
@L.A.Aviation, Technology Director

Website
Booking Website
Instagram

Before You Go: A Message to the Community

I touched on this at the top of the thread, but I thought it deserved its own section. Since January, we have been a complete mess; ownership changes, inactivity, and a general lack of interest plagued SWV. It became very hard, sometimes even impossible to apply, obtain information, or even contact someone from our leadership team. We acknowledge everything that happened over the past 8 months, and sincerely apologize to the community for our behavior. We want community members to be able to enjoy our VA, and we were unable to make that happen. Please know that we have taken a close look at everything we did and will not let it happen again. We are working to make SWV more transparent and will update you in the coming weeks on how we intend to make this possible. To everyone who applied and did not receive a response, I want to apologize to you and want to make it clear that we would love to have you if you are still interested, although we completely understand if you’ve moved on. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns don’t hesitate to send me a DM. I would love to hear what you have to say.

Thank you for taking a look at our new VA. We look forward to seeing you on board soon. Please let us know if you have any questions that weren’t answered above. You’ll receive a one of a kind experience here, because at Southwest Virtual, Heart Sets Us Apart!

[Closed] Southwest Virtual's Sprint to the Capital @ KDAL - 221900ZSEP18
Southwest Virtual Atlanta Landing Competition @ KATL - 132100ZOCT18
Spread the LUV - Breezy Baltimore @ KBWI - 272030ZOCT18

Looks awesome! Glad SVA is still alive. One of my favourite airlines.

So glad to see this VA up and running again. I am proud to be a part of Southwest Virtual Airlines! :D

cant wait to get back into the swing of things!!!

I am so excited to see everything back up and running smoothly! Can’t wait to see the future of the VA!

Cheers,
Patrick Gallagher

This looks great! I’m glad to see one of my favorite airlines getting back up and running!
I hope you guys stay strong!

I’ve been waiting four months…lol

Thank you everyone for the warm wishes, we are happy to be back up and running again. @Xpira if you are still interested, go ahead and reapply. Thanks!

Great news to see SWVA in action! Best of luck @CaptJackson on this great VA!

#OriginalHome

Nice to see SWVA back again! I’ve already booked my passenger flight, would love to see how the pilots have changed since I last flew!

Thanks guys! @Connor Have fun on your flight! If you have time, shoot me a DM and let me know how it goes.

The thread looks absolutely stunning. Cannot get over how nice it looks! Glad to see SWV up and running again! I just applied, and I’m excited to start flying for SWV!

Welcome back SWV! Glad to have you guys back. Been too long but it appears to be worth it. Congrats on the new and improved!

Booking looks interesting! I’v booked one yesterday before the thread. I may consider re-joining SVA again, I was in the VA few months back. Looks new and fresh!

Glad to see you guys are back up and running.

Looks good, maybe interested in joining!

Re applied as a previous member, how will the new system be providing charts?

The Crew Center does not support charts at this time, only weather and basic route info. You’ll need to use your own SimBrief account for that. (Looking into SimBrief integration)

i know right southwest is the best

I have booked a passenger flight and a cargo flight and filed for the rapid rewards could someone email me back with that stuff?

Our Booking Services were offline until we relaunched yesterday. I’ve flagged your requests and sent them to our Booking Director. He’ll be with you in the next 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.