Southwest Virtual | Heart Sets Us Apart | Now Recruiting Pilots

I put in an application to be a pilot!😃

2 Likes

Is southwest still their? I dint get accepted yet. One of the first to apply 😭

2 Likes

You have to go through a line check first in order to be accepted. I am still waiting for the line check. @angrybird is handling the line checks and he is not really that active.

2 Likes

I applied, not really sure what the line check entails. Looking forward to trying out.

1 Like

@NationofAviation Not to worry, we are still here and active within the VA. We’re just having some a few hiccups with the recruitment process, however, we now have an assistant recruitment manager so new recruits will start flowing into the VA within the next few days.

@BigBert10 @angrybird is quite busy right now, which is why we now have @Ashton_Liberty assisting him with applications and line checks. He will get in touch with you ASAP this way we can have you up and fly with the VA.

@Joe1187 A line check consists of a quick pattern where your take off skills, ability to remain in the pattern, landing skills, and your ATC Comms skills are assessed. This is a test that is required in order to be accepted into the VA. If you have any questions or concerns about this test please don’t hesitate to contact either me, @angrybird, or @Ashton_Liberty. :)

2 Likes

Oh, thank you for the update. I have been waiting for a while to do the line check and I am most likely going to be available on March 3 after I host the event featuring Southwest Airlines. When I am available, could I PM @Ashton_Liberty to see if I could do the line check?

Oh btw, this event I’m hosting, we will be doing a quick flight from KSJC-KSEA with Southwest Airlines. Feel free to join since there are still gates available and if you are a part of IFATC, Tyler’s schedule says that the whole continental United States will be serviced by ATC, so feel free to be ATC at both KSJC and KSEA if you want.

2 Likes

Good afternoon. I put in an application. I just wanted to alert someone to let them know.

1 Like

Thanks For applying! Your application will be read shortly! Can’t wait to see if you made it into SWVA!!!

2 Likes

Are you guys still taking new pilots I have not heard back about my application

1 Like

Apologies for the delay. You will hear from us soon.

2 Likes

Is this VA still active?

We are still an active VA.

2 Likes

We are definitely still active. We’re also planning on launching a new thread with some updated information within the next few days! :)

3 Likes

How to I send the application …it said you guys are closed

1 Like

Please send a PM to either me or @Meteorology7 this way we can get you set up with the application processes. Our application forms on our website are currently down for maintenance to allow us to update a few things on there. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience and we look forward to working with you soon!

2 Likes

I would like to join but it seems like you guys closed the group

1 Like

I already noticed that most of the events are in Expert and I’m only in grade 2. I don’t think I will join

I booked to fly from LAX to LaGuardia on the 23rd and have heard nothing. Please help! It was under the name Kai.

I think it is because we don’t anyone in the booking department yet. @L.A.Aviation will come on and access this in a bit. I just messaged him.

SWVA is still here! The only things that are currently offline right now are the pilot application forms and the booking department. The Pilot application form should be up and running tomorrow so you should be able to fill out an application then. In regards to our events - the majority of them are on the expert server due to the fact that almost all of our pilots already have access to that server and we’ve had many issues with professionalism on the training server.

1 Like