Southwest Schedule Extension | 11/02/17

Now why would they ever want to do that? Besides from the delays, they are perfectly happy at MDW. ORD definitely can’t handle another airline hub there.

1 Like

Wow guys. Thank you for your unconstructive criticism…

😑

1 Like

Southwest always flies to the smaller airport, LGA and EWR over JFK, FLL over MIA, DAL over DFW, the delays, landing fees, and limited gate slots do not appeal to Southwest, and Midway’s runways are plenty long to handle some 737s.

Not to mention they are gradually moving Midway’s traffic over to St. Louis because Midway, even though it is on the other side of Chicago, still competes with American and United’s hubs there.

2 Likes

Yes. I know that. Some pilots landed a 733 on a 3100 ft runway. I was just giving my opinion. Is there anything wrong with my opinion?

1 Like

You are more than entitled to your opinion, but this forum is for discussion and I am perfectly allowed to talk about how I think the expansion to O’hare is unlikely given the circumstances.

2 Likes

I know that SWA won’t go to O’Hare. I’d just… nvm…

Top 10 List of requested destinations from May 24-Now from Long Island MacArthur Airport Facebook -

KMYR - Myrtle Beach - 68
KLAS - Las Vegas - 42
KDEN - Denver - 38
KORD - Chicago - 36
KILM - Wilmington - 35
KCLT - Charlotte - 30
TJSJ - San Juan - 27
KRDU - Raleigh Durham-25
KDFW - Dallas - 17
KATL - Atlanta - 16

So… Southwest services almost all of those destinations from KISP. Could we see any of them in the extension?!?

I can actually see them filling the KLAS and KDEN route (to get ahead of Frontier)

Less than 24 hours until we see new routes, routes being cut, etc.

What will happen!?!

Say goodbye to KISP, KGRR, KFNT, and KMHT

Why do you think that they will completely cut ISP and MHT!?! (Well I can see MHT)

I actually think that Southwest will add to ISP with atleast 2 new routes and an extra flight on the BWI and MCO Route

I think Flint and Grand Rapids will loose 1 or none of the routes

We will be seeing what they are doing with Hawaii then hopefully!

Personally I expect San Diego and possibly San Jose. Angels doesn’t seem likely provided it had a lot of traffic to Hawaii from AA and I think Alaskan.

1 Like

I hope to see Hawaii in this too!

Now, could anyone see KDAL-KISP being added as Southwest is looking to expand at KDAL and Dallas is on the top 10 destinations by KISP followers on Facebook.

1 Like

I’d be suprised, Love is full enough…
I could see something like Austin or St. Louis possibly…

2 Likes

I could see HOU-ISP and HOU-BDL

1 Like

Would like to see something more West from CLT…PHX or LAS would be awesome. Not counting on it though.

1 Like

I hope they don’t cut KONT-KOAK I fly that at least once a month

1 Like

It’s all down to: when you fly it, is it reasonably full?

1 Like

WN will be pulling out of KFNT on June 4th of next year.

1 Like

ISP seems good, no lost flights, we even got an additional daily flight to TPA.

1 Like

It seems that markets like GSP and RIC are hanging on by the hairs on their head. The same could be said for FNT, and this morning they unfortunately joined the small list of cities/airports that WN has ever terminated.

I’m happy that ISP got some more flights, anyone know what it’s like at MHT?

1 Like