Southwest Owner has passed

Southwest Owner and founder Herb Kelleher has passed away at the age of 87, herb founded the company originally in 1967. Originally operating with in Texas until the 1970s when they began out of state service changing their name to Southwest.

66 Likes

What a shame.

He created something really special. Rest in Peace!

10 Likes

Rest in peace, he could be proud on what he left behind…

3 Likes

At least he lived to see his great airline succeed and thrive. A sad day indeed for one of the most influential person with Southwest.🙏
May he continue to look down from heaven at the wonderful opportunities he has given customers :(

5 Likes

A Southwest older slogan - "The someone else up there who loves you" He created this whole airlines out of love and it shows that it has been passed on to the staff members of Southwest.

Herb created a legacy and will never be forgotten as he developed the world’s largest low cost airline.

May he fly high.

6 Likes

He created the Low Cost segment for airlines and his airline along with his superb leadership was what all airlines looked toward in their goal for success. Yes his airline was successful but so were very many more such as Ryanair thanks to this man! Rest in peace Herb, my condolences to all family of his.

3 Likes

I am absolutely devastated! I was great friends with Herb! I remember seeing him every summer when I would make it into DAL! He was a remarkable man!

35 Likes

WHATTT.Omg I send my sincere condolences.They should make a special livery dedicated to him

2 Likes

Talk about a legend, he and Colleen did some incredible things together! The organization that was created under this man is one that continues to set standards for the Customer Service/Airline Industry. Way to run a great race, sir. Sincerest Condolences to the family and loved ones.

1 Like

Sorry to hear the lost of your friend

2 Likes

He will be missed

39 Likes

As much as I subjectively dislike the airline, this man is a legend in aviation. Very sad to here, may he rest in peace.

2 Likes

His legacy will live on

Rest in peace. What he created is amazing!

1 Like

Rest in peace. He created a masterpiece and its sad to see him go.

1 Like

I’m sorry for your loss. It must feel pretty personal since you knew him pretty well.

This doesn’t even feel real. I’ll be heading to Dallas in a couple days to attend the service and whatever else is going on to honor him! Thank you so much for all the love and support to Herb’s family as well as SWA’s💙❤️💛

5 Likes

He made SWA what it is today and SWA will live long representing what he created RIP and thank you for making SWA one of the best airlines I’ve ever flown on.

2 Likes

Amazing airline that he should be proud of! Sad to see him go.

Did he still own it?