Southwest flight 861 randomly loses pressure

Another Southwest flight lost cabin pressure and this time it was traveling from Denver to Dallas.
https://www.google.com/amp/dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/05/13/southwest-flight-emergency-landing-dallas-losing-pressure/amp/
The cause is still unknown, I believe the aircraft was N732SW

3 Likes

Wow. Hopefully everyone is ok!

1 Like

Jeez, what is happening with Southwest Airlines. Not exactly looking great for them in the eyes of the public. Hope that all of the passengers are alright.

13 Likes

It honestly sounds like Southwest has changed maintenance providers, or some other drastic change has occurred.

2 Likes

I hate to say it really, but ever since that livery change well…
Maintenance has changed

3 Likes

Haha, it really does 😬

1 Like

Seriously? You guys do know they have over 720 planes in the fleet? Preventative maintenance can only go so far in rectifying or preventing issues before they occur.

Even if you were to somehow factor in the last several incidents, the percentage margin is .0041% of a percent. Air travel is still, and continues to be, the safest way to travel.

Don’t make blanket statements without reviewing what’s in place. I don’t think a lot of people realize how hard the FAA would come down if there was a serious issue underlined in the records.

7 Likes

its not as worse as United Airlines

1 Like

I agree, however the FAA definitely is down there and have been since 1380!

1 Like

Please reread the #real-world-aviation guidelines

I have already seen that multiple times. Bringing that up was unnecessary.I still decided to create the topic because the cause is unknown and that sounded different. I knew when I created it that someone would bring this up!
This isn’t just any other incident

1 Like

Jeez, thats now 3 pressure related iccidents for Southwest in only 1 month.

3 Likes

Yeah as much as they have a massive fleet it’s kindof strange such a increase in frequency.

But hey that happens, Air New Zealand had once more incidents in 1 week then they had in past 2 years a few months ago. Nothing major if your wondering.

2 Likes

It’s pretty obvious my comment conveys that I was only joking. Why would they change maintenance providers…
It just seems odd that 3 major incidents would occur in a small timeframe, while they have not had any other aircraft problems for years prior. As matta said above, it is a strange occurrence. No need to be so critical.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.