Southwest Boeing 737-700 (Classic Retro Livery)

This would be a cool addition to Southwest fleets. It would especially look awesome in the desert in SoCal!

NOTE: NOT MY PHOTO- Credit- https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8553/8708048527_7932835bfb_b.jpg

41 Likes

That is the 1950’s livery, so it is very outdated, and personally, I like the heart better

2 Likes

But, there is still one left!

3 Likes

Yes please! Viva Southwest!

3 Likes

Super cool livery! I definitely want to see this.

1 Like

There was even no such thing as a Boeing 737 in the 1950’s… Southwest wasn’t even around until the late 1960’s!

But anyways, I am all for this livery. Southwest is my favorite airline!

9 Likes

Some say it’s ugly, but I personally love the Sandy Vomit…err…Desert Gold livery.

1 Like

Southwest was founded in the early 70’s, so it’s not from the 50’s. This livery was in use from the early 1970s up until 2001. Not that long ago ;)

1 Like

I’d absolutely love this livery added.

1 Like

I like they made the gold metallic. Looks pretty cool!

1 Like

There’s actually 2 left, N711HK and N714CB. N792SW was the third but has since been repainted with the Heart Livery. Going forward the plan is to have the 2 desert gold, 1 in the Spirit Livery (N8301 Warrior One) and the rest in the Heart Livery.

2 Likes

In a really weird way I love it

I like this. Switch from blue to gold et Voila! An amazing livery!

1 Like

I saw a pic of the livery that was taken in 1955

found one of the two southwest classic liverys

3 Likes

Saw one of these at LAX, it was so cool to see in person!

Love it!

I was flying from BOS to DEN one time to come home for the holidays from college. I walked over to the gate and N711HK was parked at my gate, and then I got to fly it! That was so excting!

I saw it one time in St. Louis last year

I love the retro planes! I remember seeing the gold WN planes when I was younger, this one brings back those memeories!

FYI, there 3 737-700s painted in the dessert gold livery