Southwest Airlines to donate 10,000 roundtrip flights this year

They’ve announced that they are donating 10,000 round trip flights for families that need to travel for medical care, helping them out money-wise because they already are strained from paying for all the medical care. By the end of the year, over 100 hospitals and medical care centers will benefit from the program.

This is just another reason why I absolutely LUV southwest. They truly have a heart and care about people over profit. You can’t argue with that, because the value of all those flights is over $23 million! ❤️💛💙

27 Likes

That’s where everyone’s money belongs and no wonder the flights are so expensive

1 Like

What a generous act from Southwest. Great to see companies caring about their passengers. I love SWA, it will be always my favorite low-cost airline.

11 Likes

Like a frontier airlines pilot once said, " passengers are family"

10 Likes

Just another reason to love SWA

5 Likes

I totally agree with you I love them

2 Likes

$23 million is 0.15% of Southwest’s annual costs or about $0.5-0.6 on your airfare at the very most. If you want to blame something, blame the aviation industry for being a expensive industry to be in.

2 Likes

The cost are good going to a good cause just not taking a shower in money all the time,. Don’t forget about " FULLY QUALIFIED, PARTIALLY PAID" pilots

1 Like

Umm… Sw pilots are one of the best paid pilots in the industry. I know 6 yr fo who make more than 12 year United fo on a 73.

Plus the recent pay raise. Sw still has some of the cheapest fares around.

3 Likes

That’s so nice of southwest to do that they care about there passengers good job southwest.👍

2 Likes

That’s why I plan on working for SWA in the future they did a good job here.

3 Likes

Compared to most other U.S airlines southwest is considered to have some of the lowest ticket costs

3 Likes

Hands down to southwest

3 Likes

This is why i have a love with Southwest. Good job!

2 Likes

Partially paid? 😂😂😂😂 yeah not even close to being partially paid ;)

2 Likes

One of the MANY reasons!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.