Southwest Airlines Hawaii Update

So more news about Southwest’s much anticipated flights to Hawaii has come about in the last few days!
As some of you have probably heard, due to the Government Shutdown, it has delayed the ETOPs FAA Approval. Fortunately, now that it’s back open they are able to resume from where they left off a few weeks ago before the shutdown.

The BIGGEST question? Well that’s obviously “when will Southwest announce the date when the very first flight will takeoff?” Latest news is saying they are hopeful to sell tickets as soon as mid February and the first flight to depart by late March
More info can be found here
⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

As most of us had all heard in an announcement that was made back in around September/October they have certified (I believe) 28 737-800NG aircrafts. Unfortunately no MAX8s… YET! I think we can all be certain that they will eventually send the MAX down there once it is broken in a little more, because lately they have had a bit more trouble with it than expected, but it will soon all be taken care of!

38 Likes

Hopefully it comes sooner rather than later because I really want to see some LUV at Hawaii

4 Likes

I’m only commenting because all three of us have Southwest profile pictures. 🙂 but I can say that I’m looking forward to Southwest throwing some competition into the Hawaiian market. It’s greatly needed.

17 Likes

Ha! This is quite great news for Southwest! I hope they start soon!

5 Likes

I love Southwest but I get cramped a little on Transcontinental flights. I can’t imagine that feeling on a flight to Hawaii. But if the ticket is cheap, I’m all for it. Im glad to see that some of their 737-800s get to fly there too instead of just the Max. Oh and I have a Southwest profile picture too 🙂

3 Likes

I completely understand that! I find their -800 waaaay better by 100x over the -700 considering the space! They can definitely improve it more though imo too! I fly SWA a LOT! And I mean A LOT!! But it’s funny, I’ve never been on a flight longer than 2hrs.

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted to go to Hawaii. This will surely be fun.

Keep them WN PFP’s coming.

1 Like

Make that 6 fanboys. I guess it will be good though, anything to make flights to a holiday destination cheaper, I will welcome.

3 Likes

I wonder how much the tickets will cost, as I’d love to fly From Manchester, NH to Hawaii.

3 Likes

Cant wait to see a possible friday night flight for this.

6 Likes

That would be a LOOOONG journey, but definitely possible!! I’ll be curious to see what the fares will be as well! And what time the flights will depart the mainland. I’m thinking early to mid morning.

1 Like

Well not really… maybe. We’d either connect in Baltimore or Chicago-Midway from MHT, then onto either OAK or SJC and then onto Hawaii.

So two stops, and we’re lucky we have southwest flying into Manchester.

1 Like

I actually know someone who is a ramp agent who was transferred to Hawaii from San Diego. The just got their group vehicles yesterday and he said they will be prepared by March. They have all the staff in Hawaii, and they are all excited

4 Likes

This should be great business for southwest i believe it will only benefit them

1 Like

I mean that’ll be one of the furthest trips SWA offers. Other than PWM or the Caribbean

Also sad thing is about this that my family was planning on flying to Hawaii for this coming spring break after hearing that Southwest said this awhile ago. But with Southwest not getting approval in time and the government shut down, we decided to go somewhere else! Kinda sad but Seattle will still be cool!

2 Likes

Cant wait. As soon as I can I’m going to replicate the flight for southwest virtual airlines

3 Likes

Can I join the fan club? SW and BWI for life.

2 Likes

Nice to see progress on Southwest on Hawaii. Hopefully I can fly on them to Hawaii sooner than later!

I’ve got some exciting information!! Below is the flight number you can track for Southwest’s first Hawaii Flight!

SWA8725
KOAK-PHNL
Departure Time: 11:00am Pacific

1 Like