Southwest Airlines Employee Personally Delivers Cancer Patient’s Bag

Sarah Rowan, a Southwest customer service agent at WN’s Pittsburgh office was answering calls when she got a call from Stacy Hurt, a woman with cancer who just landed from Nashville and her bag did not get there with her, which she desperately needed for her chemotherapy appointment tomorrow. If the bag did not arrive by 1:30 AM the next day it would miss the last courier and not get to her in time for her appointment.
When the bag arrived after 2 AM the next day, Sarah was just finishing up her shift, and she was considering brining the bag to Stacy. “I looked up her address to see how far away she lived and she lived about 20 minutes away,” Rowan said. “So in my head, me getting home a little bit later was less important than her getting the bag she needed for her chemotherapy treatment.” So, she took the bag and dropped it off on Stacy’s doorstep along with a note for good luck. Read more here:

This folks is why I love Southwest and always fly with them. Sarah is a very selfless person. Putting others first, even at 2 AM, and if that lady didn’t get the bag the chemotherapy would be very hard for her. Amazing and above and beyond customer service, extremely caring staff, which is hard to find on other airlines today.

26 Likes

I am continuously hearing good things about Southwest. Nice to see at least one America carrier gets positive articles in the news!

15 Likes

Saw this today, why I give Southwest money and not other airlines. Go SWA! ❤️💛💙

15 Likes

I really look forward to giving my business to Southwest airlines

2 Likes

For those of you who like good stories, Southwest’s YouTube page is full of them!

Out of many things you could complain about for Southwest, PR is not one of them!

7 Likes

That just goes to show what a caring, respectful, and kind airline SW is. How often do you get that with a lot of airlines today? Nice job SW and the employee who delivered the luggage! :)

4 Likes

I must say, Southwest deserves United’s slogan much more than they do. SWA definitely is the friendly sky.

4 Likes

SWA all the way! No other airline EVER.

2 Likes

Hopefully I have the chance to fly Southwest when I visit the US. Heard many great things about them.

3 Likes

I hope you do too! You definitely won’t regret it.

Their slogan is good enough.

But is this really something that should be put in the Infinite Flight forum?

4 Likes

If it’s in the Real World Aviation category, sure! It’s making national news here.

1 Like

Yet the post about a teenager jumping off an airplane during taxi and running away isn’t…

1 Like

You’re correct. It wasn’t. Move on.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.