Southwest Airlines B737-800 | KSNA - KSMF (Part 1)

Hey IFC! Today for the first time I flew Southwest Airlines. I flew from my home airport of John Wayne/Orange County (aka the best airport), to the State Capital of Sacramento.

I had no reason to fly really, it was just for fun. I as shocked to see when I checked in that we would be flying out of gate 22B which is typically used for regionals and requires air stairs (which is very rare at JWA especially for mainline aircraft). The flight itself was just over an hour and cruise only lasted for about 15 to 25 minutes. We had to distribute our seating since we only had 50 passengers this morning and lifted off only half way down the 5,700ft runway. I took a few pictures and decided to share them here.

Airline: Southwest
Aircraft: Boeing 737-800
Route: KSNA-KSMF
Flight Time: 1:06
Flight Number: WN3141

An empty Terminal C

Boarding our flight of only 50 passengers

Climbing out of SNA

Catalina Island with the Moon!

Passing over the infamous San Andreas Fault

Descending into Sacramento (KSMF)

I will be making a 2nd topic later on my return flight (which had many delays on the ground) and I also have videos I’ll probably post later since they aren’t in the right format to post them here.

For a LCC the legroom was great compared to other US carriers, and free snacks and drinks even on an hour flight was nice to have. Also the 2 free checked bags if you need them which you don’t see much (even with the base fare).

I wouldn’t say they are my first choice, but I will definitely fly them again if I have to in the future!

24 Likes

Is this topic an April fools joke

Why what do you mean?

You’re the April Fools Joke.

Also, wish I would’ve caught your return back to SNA! Unfortunately not much traffic there during your arrival and the route would’ve taken me the opposite direction of home lol

3 Likes

That joke didn’t takeoff very well

4 Likes

sorry, but I’m allergic to jetways. I can handle it but it’s hard for me 😖

2 Likes

Lol 3 out of 5 Greater LA Airports use them (soon to be 4)

Woah woah woah, is long beach going to???

1 Like

That’s cool! I love really close to SMF! Hope you enjoyed the arrival!

1 Like

Nope. Burbank is getting a new terminal and when it’s done it’ll have jet bridges

Yeah it’s very cool! And weird being out in the middle of nowhere away from the city 😂

Yes, I live a little to the south in Vacaville

1 Like

Not anytime soon though :)

I think…

Probably until the next big earthquake 😅

1 Like

Lol that’s fine
As soon as I landed and a flight from MSP they changed back to normal ops so all the planes scrambled in the pattern 😂
I watched a private jet climb over the airport and circle to land

I think they said sometime in 2020s

How steep was that Takeoff? Also, great photos!

1 Like

Very lol
Like 3,500 fpm
The pilot warned people that it was normal procedure for the airport

2 Likes

Wow, what is that feeling like?

1 Like

Like a rocket ship or roller coaster
And then power cuts back for noise abatement and you feel like you’re in a free fall for a few seconds
They keep flaps 15 until at 5,000 😂
Well they did today. I think it’s usually around 3,500-5,000 ft until they retract flaps

1 Like

wow, that definitely seems like a roller coaster, if it was me, my head would have been stuck to the head rest! anyways, great photos!

2 Likes