Southwest 737-700 Cockpit Visit

Hey everyone!

Yesterday, I flew from Sacramento (SMF) back to Los Angeles (LAX) on a Southwest 737-700 (N455WN). On the way up to Sacramento, I flew on N932WN, it isn’t a special livery or anything but it isn’t the same plane that is in Infinite Flight as the Canyon Blue Livery. Here are some of the pictures from my flight back from Sacramento to LA, enjoy!

I also asked the pilot a few questions.

Q: What was your path to becoming a pilot?
A: I took the Air Force route. It is one of the best ways to go because it is free pilot training, and you just owe them 10 years.

Q: During takeoff, what pitch do you use?
A: We usually use 7-8 degrees on rollout, and from there, we raise the nose gradually.

Q: What is the work schedule like at Southwest?
A: Sometimes, we have 3-5 flights a day, but we fly usually for 3 days straight, and then we are able to rest.

If you want to see the landing and takeoff videos, look on my YouTube Channel @sbaviator, I already have the videos for LAX-SMF on there.

94 Likes

Gorgeous images, beautiful plane, glad you had this wonderful opportunity!

2 Likes

I love 737 so much its my favorite jet I am glad they where able to let you into the cockpit its a pretty cool opportunity

2 Likes

Great pictures!

2 Likes

I don’t know about southwest, but some airlines can punish pilots for letting civilians into the cockpit. And because i see that they’ve hidden tthe tailnumber of the aircraft, i thibk you might wanna blur out the tail number

2 Likes

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

He most likely got permission

2 Likes

Thank you @Jack_M, @Christian_Richardson, @Alex_Kyte, @Alexander_Nikitin and @sebi-ue !

3 Likes

I’ve done this plenty of times on other planes and posted the registration, but I’ll be safe and remove the registration. Thanks for the info!

2 Likes

Great pics. The one of the cockpit could easily be screensaver 👌

2 Likes

Saw it on your Instagram! Awesome trip!

2 Likes

Thank you! Just made it my wallpaper for my IPad.

6 Likes

Thanks Matt! It definitely was a great trip.

2 Likes

Great pictures Cole! I hope you enjoyed your trip! :)

2 Likes

Thanks Dylan, I did.

2 Likes

Awesome photos! Southwest is the best.

20 Likes

Nice man I almost never get to go to the cockpit only on my good airline AA!

3 Likes

How did you get in the cockpit? Did you ask for permission? But really good pics man!!!

2 Likes

beautiful picture

2 Likes

The registration of airlines are public info. You can go to FlightRadar 24 and see the registrations on most commercial flights

2 Likes