Southwest 604 Emergency Landing KSLC

Video included. “Engine performance issues” is what Southwest is claiming. Looks almost like a misfire on a car engine. Glad it landed safely.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/02/26/fire-in-sky-southwest-flight-makes-emergency-landing-after-engine-experiences-performance-issues.html

11 Likes

Wow, two fire incidents in one year with Southwest Airlines! And no one was killed. Southwest Airlines to me is really safe.

5 Likes

Apparently, according to FlightAware, the plane was in the air for around 40 minutes.

1 Like

It doesn’t seem that long but I’m sure for the pax and crew it seemed like forever.

2 Likes

Dang, yet another incindent.
Kudos to the flight crew to avert serious disaster.

1 Like

Extremely safe. They have had no on board fatalities caused by an aircraft failure. Their only death from what I understand was a car passenger that was hit by a southwest plane that over ran a runway at Midway.

4 Likes

Goodness 2018 ain’t starting off too well. 😯 Thankfully the passengers are ok.

1 Like

WN1248 is what you are talking about when the airplane skidded off the runway and killed a 6 years old boy who was watching airplanes land.

This is the only fatality of WN and it wasn’t even for those on board.

2 Likes

I think what he is saying is that there have been no fatalities due to “aircraft failure”. A plane skidding off the runway would be human error, the plane didn’t skid off the runway on its own, it’s no less tragic but statistically it’s not an “aircraft failure”.

2 Likes

Oh! That does not look good. Glad everyone was safe.

Watching the video and reading the article, looked like it was a compressor stall

1 Like

Managed to find the flightaware data. You can “replay” the flight if you want.

I didn’t reading anything in the article that said compressor stall. Very well might I have been. I’m not an aviation mechanic, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

1 Like

im just going off on what i saw in the video and in my aviation powerplants class

1 Like

DDDDDAAAAMMMMNNNNN I did not see this till now!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.