Southern California Weather issues

Last night November 20th, 2016 Southern California was hit with heavy rainfall, and low visibility in most areas. I played Infinite flight last night and noticed that there was barely and cloud cover and wind.

4 Likes

Maybe i’m a stupid German but what’s the sense of this topic?

2 Likes

Was this on live or solo ?

1 Like

This was on live @Joshua_Fleming

1 Like

Stupid German xD, just joking but yeah what is the sense of the topic?

3 Likes

IF doesn’t have clouds or rain yet in the game

3 Likes

He’s saying that the weather in IF didn’t correspond well to the weather IRL. (cloud cover aka fog, and winds).

4 Likes

I can tell you @ 16,000FT there is some serious turbulence. 23KT’s right now blowing my little plane around.

4 Likes

Too bad. What could anyone do about this. I would say they(the IRL weather in IF)work fine for me.

1 Like

I can see but if it’s raining and such IRL in IF it would be more likely to have low visibility.
I don’t know but once did a flight with a hommie over the mountains and IRL the SoCal mountain area had some fire. So I think the smoke showed in IF has low visibility. But sometimes the IF weather may not be accurate to the weather IRL.

@Nick_Callum Where were you flying when you experienced this?

I was over KEDW

IF only generates wind, and horizontal visibility, which it draws from real world METAR at certain airports.

Although it was raining, the winds were still light around most places. It’s not unusual to still have 10+ SM visibility in light rain. The lack of clouds or a ceiling is the main issue you we’re experiencing. Unfortunately IF doesn’t have this capability yet

2 Likes

Usually it’s pretty accurate, but it’s possible the weather might not update sometimes. Usually it’s just a connection issue and restarting device and Live session helps. Other times, it’s just delayed.

1 Like

That happened to me yesterday as well. As soon as I departed from KONT, my the wind blew my a319 off course. When I was on final approach into KNUC, the wind blew my plane to the the left violently just when I was about to touch down

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.