Southern Airways Express buys Mokulele Airlines?

Yes, you read it correctly. I’ll try not to make this too long. Southern Airways Express, a once small commuter airline operating out of the Mid-Atlantic state of Pennsylvania and in the Gulf States, Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee and Florida has been a hit across local communities. They have been providing customers in smaller communities the luxury of air travel to major airports such as KPIT, KDFW, KMEM, KTPA with even larger airports on the way.

All of this leads into why I’ve had a few absences that began in early January. Some folks already know this news, but for those that don’t, I have recently accepted a job with Southern Airways Express. I’ll be flying the Cessna 208B Grand Caravan on routes from Harrison, Arkansas (KHRO) to both Memphis, TN, El Dorado, AR, Dallas Ft. Worth, TX. All of this comes with good intentions and good reasons that allow me to have a more flexible schedule and to learn more about a different side of the aviation industry. I’ll be operating in the Gulf Region which is exactly what I wanted because I’ll now be flying in a way that is more “on-demand” rather than a scheduled airline service. With this change, comes better pay and more flying hours believe it or not. Both of these lead into a better of quality of life and a better life style. So out with the pencil jet, plane with bicycle handles and anything else that you want to call the E145 and in with the trusty box with wings. 😉

With that out of the way, the real point of the topic is this:

My now current employer has made a big leap across the Pacific Ocean and has purchased the popular airline based out of Hawaii known as Mokulele Airlines. This airline may ring a bell to those who watch YouTube cough Swayne Martin. Southern Airways will be retaining their current markets and will continue to serve the customers of the small communities that they have been trusted to serve. Southern Airways will now be the largest commuter airline in the US. All of this information and more can be found in the article below. Enjoy!

This article gives a little history on SAE
https://centreforaviation.com/members/direct-news/southern-airways-acquires-mokulele-airlines-459761

18 Likes

So, let me get this straight:

An airline that you work for that mostly operates in southern United States and some east coast United States has decided to purchase an airline based in Hawaii?

2 Likes

Bingo! You’ve got it understood correctly. I guess you can thank technology for that. You’d be surprised what you can do from a computer and phone in regards to communication.

5 Likes

Ooooh interesting. Guess Southern will have Hawaiian bases now

Welcome to home to my great state. I’ll come visit but congrats on the job

I was offered a job with Mokulele one time, they told me I start off at 13.20 an hour, I said no to that extremely quickly

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.