South America = Underrated

Head down to Peru πŸ‡΅πŸ‡ͺ or Chile πŸ‡¨πŸ‡± for some beautiful mountains πŸ˜πŸ”οΈ

Don’t open

Origin: Miami Intl πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ ( KMIA )
Destination: Jorge Chavez Intl πŸ‡΅πŸ‡ͺ ( SPJC )
Flight Time: 5:10
Airbus A321-200 ( American Airlines )
Server: Expert

Ecuador πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡¨πŸ”οΈπŸ˜

Which ancient civilization called this area home? πŸ€”

31 Likes

Good flight

1 Like

The Inca. They built Machu Pichu, in the Peruvian mountains.

3 Likes

Uh oh I opened 🀷🀷😈😈

4 Likes

Don’t press the button, it makes bisons go extinct

πŸ”˜

1 Like

I can’t lose my bison

1 Like

South America has great views from the sky.

1 Like

American flying a medium haul int’l flight from KMIA in something other than the 737? 😱😱😱

1 Like

Somehow yes, their transcon flights and this one use A321neos and some of their Caribbean and Latin American destinations use A319s but yes majority is 737s

Yeah. Close to half of AA’s KMIA flights are to south and Latin America, and I’d wager that more than 3/4 of them are with the 737.

2 Likes

It is really cool to see my country being mentioned. I’m really happy. Great shot btw

2 Likes

Yes! South America is amazing: geography, people, and history. Nice shots!

So many diverse places to fly in that vast space.

(was just watching documentaries…)

Peru:

Norte Chico: Known as the oldest civilization in the Americas and one of the six cradles of civilization in the world.

Incas: The largest and most advanced state in pre-Columbian America. Known for their vast empire, architectural marvels like Machu Picchu, and complex societal structures.

Moche: Known for their pottery, complex society with a clear division of labor, and built irrigation canals to support agriculture.

Chile:

Mapuche: They were able to resist the powerful Inca invaders and preserve their culture and lifestyle. They still constitute a majority of the current indigenous ethnicity in the country.

Chinchorro: Known for their mummification practices, which predate the Egyptian mummies.

Atacama: Developed rich handicrafts and were influenced by pre-Incan cultures.

Ecuador:

Valdivia: One of the oldest settled cultures recorded in the Americas. It emerged from the earlier Las Vegas culture and is known for its ceramic pottery, which is among the oldest pottery in the Americas.

Quitus: They developed around the area of present-day Quito and had their own distinctive architecture, pottery, and religious interests.

CaΓ±ari Culture: They were the most powerful people in the highlands of Ecuador before the Inca Empire. They are known for their resistance against the Inca expansion.

@Jose_Leon_Rivera Thanks! Quito is fun to fly into along with Guayaquil

@adit you know your stuff here’s a cookie πŸͺ

2 Likes

Thanks for the cookie. I’ll give you back one in return because I don’t have that much knowledge (I looked it up cause I had been watching YouTube about that and wanted to know more).

1 Like

Fly to Chile!

Amazing scenery all the way from Arica (SCAR) to Antarctic (SCRM), it’s so thin that you can see the Andes mountain from one window and the coast on the other side.

Plus, all commercial airports are 3D :)

3 Likes

Im doing a Chile trip in game for April and I’ll be visiting Easter Island as well!

1 Like

For anyone interested, here are some fun RNP approaches you can file on your next flight. My personal favorites are SCSE and SCNT πŸ‡¨πŸ‡±

RNP_Z_01_SCQP.fpl (5.7 KB)
RNP_Z_19_SCDA.fpl (4.4 KB)
RNP_Z_28_SCNT.fpl (8.5 KB)
RNP_Z_33_SCJO.fpl (5.4 KB)
RNP_Z_30_SCSE.fpl (5.5 KB)
RNP 10 SCNT.fpl (11.1 KB)
RNP_T_17R_AMDT.fpl (8.7 KB) (SCEL)
RNP_Z_19_SCFA.fpl (5.4 KB)
RNP_Z_28_SCCF.fpl (4.0 KB)

Official Charts here.

Not even looking at replies. The Inca, capitol=Cuzco

2 Likes