South African Airways will get the A350-900!!

South African Airways just announced that they will be leasing 2 A350-900 Aircrafts but haven’t stated where they are getting it from.

SAA said that they plan to use the A350-900 in the Johannesburg (FAOR) to New York (KJFK) route and it will replace the current A340-600 aircraft the exact date that these 2 aircrafts will start service hasn’t been given but with my understanding it will be delivered in the second half of 2019

https://onemileatatime.com/south-african-airways-a350/

bcf07595287a413c52cee977044f25cfd28f1e92_2_830x466

27 Likes

Heck yes. I’m tired of those hideous 4 engined A340s. :D

15 Likes

Can’t wait to fly it

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree the A340 is just hideous 😂

5 Likes

I love this!!! 🔥🔥🔥 The A350 is an amazing aircraft, even though the A340 is also a beautiful aircraft, it has run its course. Finally, SAA are starting to invest in a more modern fleet! Can’t wait!

6 Likes

Nothin against my lovely A346!! ;D

24 Likes

I would definitely love to see its livery in IF😍

4 Likes

I’m curious how this livery will look like in A350 style!

Head towards the #features section!

4 Likes

Yay! A new A350 customer we will all enjoy to see fly!

1 Like

This plane will look amazing in their livery.

It really suits them also (The plane)

2 Likes

Maaaaaaybe?

12 Likes

That looks sooooooo good.

I am planing to make a request as soon as official pictures and more information come out!

1 Like

SAA is in a financial crisis as well, so Im curious to see what their future will look like

This should help SAA in their financial crises. A major issue was not investing in more fuel efficient aircraft 10-15 years ago. It will take time, however, this small change will make a large impact. Glad to see that SAA has realized that their current fleet is a vacuum. Then there are other factors…

Maybe this means that it will be on a generic livery?
Or in a special livery like HiFlyer has on the A380?

But I seriously doubt the aircraft will be painted with the SAA scheme.

1 Like

“The aircraft will be operational in SAA’s branding as soon as SAA has met the regulatory authority requirements.”

1 Like

If It’s a dry-lease
Just like the 3 QATAM A350s,
I guess it would be In the owner’s livery. ;)

2 Likes

Ah man, another A346 operator’s gone… getting tired of those twinjets, look all too identical… however, in terms of efficient operations a logical step.

1 Like

Wow that looks good😍😍