South African Airways A330-300

South African Airways (SAA) recently received the first of their 5 A330-300’s currently on order after they controversial switched their orders to A330’s instead of the A320 they had previously agreed on. SAA is currently in the mist of a very serious financial debt situation , which isn’t being helped by the amount of corruption and poor decision making by the executive board of SAA.

Seeing that there is a chance of the A340/A330 getting a rework in the future , this would be a very welcomed addition to Infinite Flight. She is utterly beautiful and graceful, what a sight !

What do you think ?

28 Likes

Isn’t that a -200?

1 Like

The pictured is a -200.

https://www.aeroinside.com/item/4490/saa-a332-near-sao-paulo-on-aug-7th-2014-engine-oil-problems

Yes i just realised haha , was just looking for a good picture to replace it with ! Good spot…

Okay have replaced the image , not many SAA A330-300 available photos yet. Thanks once again :)

What a beaut <3

1 Like

Looks good.

1 Like

I love it, just love it!

1 Like

Hehe thought you would !

1 Like

SA will always get my vote…even on an Airbus.

2 Likes

I would fly on that any day😍

2 Likes

Looks awesome, absolutely i want this.

1 Like

There isn’t a chance of the A330/A340 getting reworked. It will get reworked, the question is when. :)

3 Likes

The answer is. in future. :)

1 Like

Now the question is :When in the future?

1 Like

The answer is: no one knows. :)

2 Likes

Haha, :) good comeback

1 Like

Amazing livery!

2 Likes

I hope the A330 will help SAA to get their finances into the green again. Even though the A346 is nice (especially since the ones SAA has were originally intended for Swissair) SAA really just can’t afford to fly such a fuel guzzling aircraft anymore. Maybe they’ll even introduce a flight to Zurich again? ;)

1 Like

Yes it was a shame they dropped the Zurich route, but i doubt they will ever fly there again due to the current focus on increasing route capacity to regional destinations within Africa. SAA will only solve their finical issues once they remove all the corrupt and inexperienced board members from within the airline. The only way i can see SAA ever making profit is if they into turn to a privately owned airline.