South African A320-200

Hey fellow IFC pilots, I am here today for another request. This request has been posted before, however, it closed. This request is the A320-200 South African Airways livery. I feel like there are very few South African liveries that are missing in IF. South African Airways has a total fleet size of 56 aircraft, with the A320-200 making up to 12 of them. The A320-200 is one of my favorite aircrafts in IF, and for many others. I asked for your support to get this livery a good amount of votes, would appreciate it to see some more SAA livery(or go ahead and give the SAA A330 some votes). Thank you and hope you give a vote!

Not my picture
Link Credit to Ch-Aviation

Hey,

I found a similar request, make sure to flag that one so it could be closed as it is old.

Love the detail you put in to your post

🙂

Also, make sure to put a direct link to your image as per the guidelines.

4 Likes

Please provide a link + credit to your picture. This is a simple thing which you should know if you have requested a feature before. Thanks (: (see above for link)

6 Likes

Looks like a nice colourful livery for that aircraft, I think this would be a cool addition to the sim

1 Like

Couldn’t have put it in better. Perfect description @Aussie_Wombat!

I liked the request. Hopefully the Devs will take care of it as it would be a great airplane for African routes. I just do not give a vote in favor because I have exhausted my votes, but you have my support.

4 Likes

I think this is an awesome idea. I’d love to see more SAA liveries in IF. I’m out of IFC votes but i vote for this, definitely vote for this.

1 Like

They ordered 20 A320s some years ago, but only received 10 as an initial delivery. Politics came in the way and the deal reached between SAA and Airbus was that the remaining 10 be swapped for the lease of 5 A330s. So, they could have been one of the airlines with a big number of A320s https://www.fin24.com/Companies/Industrial/breaking-saa-airbus-swap-deal-goes-nenes-way-20151221

2 Likes

Do we have a SAA 737?

2 Likes

Sadly not in IF, that will be my next request.

1 Like

@Owain_G we need an Ethiopian 737 request also. . IF has the rest of their fleet except the 737.

1 Like

This livery looks better than most out there today. It’s also a pity that IF doesnt have a lot of African airlines liveries. SAA is the most popular of the few that are on IF. It would do SAA and other African airlines great justice to see this livery and others added in future updates.

3 Likes

I agree, recently I started flying alot of Ethiopian routes. Africa is under utilised in IF. I ve flown across Africa and have never seen another aircraft before and with the addition of global the scenery is awesome.

1 Like

I normally just fly in Southern Africa. Sometimes like just a few minutes ago i fly to Europe and New York’s JFK on SAA routes. I just landed in Schipol in IF flying from Cape Town using KLM’s 77w. The A320 SAA livery will really make a difference in trafic to South Africa. And the more African liveries we have the more people will fly in Africa.
The scenery can aso be improved from Central Africa downwards. It’s not HD quality like Europe and the US

3 Likes

Yea down around Lagos its blurry.

3 Likes

Yeah hopefully more detailed scenery will be added this year. However please stay on topic.

This people they ignore this post, I been requesting the SAA liveries

Take it easy, man. The devs do consider livery requests a lot and will add it if they decide to. Otherwise, you can use other aircraft with SAA livery or use the generic A320

1 Like

@KaGiso_CeDric, As an IFC member i understand that the Devs are always busy. They have loads t deal with and lots to see to. From bug fixes and feature requests to testing and loads more, we as members of the community need to be patient and understanding of what they have to go through. I know that the Devs are doing their best to make IF the best mobile Flight Sim out there. So let’s all enjoy what we have and appreciate how far IF has come in recent months. I am sure that this as well as many other liveries are in the cards for the Devs to add.

Happy Flying

2 Likes

Im am sure these requests haven’t been ignored. Like @Springbok777 said above the Devs are extremely busy, I am sure more SAA livieries are coming soon, we just have to be patient.

2 Likes