Sound with the TBM

Ever notice how much louder the TBM is compared to other aircraft? Like if I’m in the cockpit of a Boeing 737 and an a320 flies over me, I hear nothing from it. Then a Boeing 777 flies over me, I hear nothing. But someone starts the engine of a TBM that is currently across the airport away from me, I hear the engine as if it’s in the cockpit with me. (This is an exaggeration of course) I don’t really find this a problem, I just wanted to share this and know why it’s like this. Maybe it’s just me?
Also keep up the great work IF! Love what you guys do!

7 Likes

I haven’t noticed this but I haven’t paid that much attention yet interesting how this is 🤔.

2 Likes

I have definitely noticed this, the TBM is a much louder aircraft in comparison to others, you can definitely hear it when you go to an outside view while flying it, but this is most likely just something normal.

4 Likes

This is annoying when there’s a random TBM, it’s an annoying sound after hearing it for 10 minutes while waiting for takeoff.

2 Likes

He’s talking about when you’re in cockpit view. I’ve noticed this issue, it’s quiet annoying…

1 Like

Maybe because the TBM has the most realistic sounds out of all IF prop planes except the C172 😁

1 Like

And they want to show it off 😂

So true…

1 Like

Its the same with the A10 for me

1 Like

Same as hearing big planes from a TBM cabin. Waiting rarely is nice, especially in a noisy environment!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.