Sorry for bad controlling!

For those on the advanced server that came to London City:

Sorry if I made you wait so long in line for takeoff. There was a huge line for landing and I wanted to ensure that everyone had proper sequencing and spacing. There was a moment where 3 aircraft entered the runway without clearance without me noticing. Please make sure you request takeoff first and I will also you to backtaxi down the runway. I’ve never had this much traffic at an airport like this especially an airport with one runway. I may have sequenced you incorrectly many times but I eventually corrected my mistakes.

I don’t really have a valid excuse for this. I am part of IFATC and I must always be aware of what I’m doing in and around my airspace.

Again, sorry for the terrible controlling.

-CptNathanHope, IFATC trainee

9 Likes

Having a line on EGLC isn’t bad controlling :) People who spawn know that they have to wait - otherwise they can disconnect :)

5 Likes

One of my first sessions as an IFATC was at EGLC. I feel your pain

7 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Were you controlling Heathrow? Because I saw a couple of warnings saying 'you were not cleared to enter the runway"

He’s only an ATC Trainee, which means he can’t access class Bravo airports such as Heathrow

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

How many people used aircraft like the a318 or smaller, cause I heard EGLC cannot handle any aircraft bigger than the a318

1 Like

Even the A318 can’t be filled to be full load though

1 Like

Then Airbus needs to make the A317
Ba Dum tss

2 Likes

ATC is a very stressful position and requires a lot of focus and patience. It takes time to really get a good grasp of it. And at the end of the day, everyone makes mistakes and don’t be too hard on yourself. It’s all good man ;)

1 Like

I allow unrealistic operations at London City. If anyone comes with anything bigger than a 737, I deny entry.

I was at London City. I can’t access Charlie or Bravo airports yet.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.