Someone open OLBA!

We desperatley need ATC at OLBA! It is unnacceptable that there is no ATC at the main FNF HUB at anytime. There should always be a controller. I think that they should have some sort of reservation list so that controllers can reserve a specific time to open at. It would avoid situations like this. But for now, we really need someone to open or it will become very chaotic.

Remember, IFATC are volunteers. They have lives too. They will open when they can.

8 Likes

IFATC aren’t required to open when you what they open when they want. They have lives they have schedules like everyone else in life. Just because they closed doesn’t mean another person has to immediately open. Like @ButterAllDay said they are volunteers they play a big role in the community and help us navigate around others in the IF world but they are Volunteers. P.S Go VOLS

2 Likes

But it’s the FNF. FNF!!! If you check the IFATC website you will see that it says that ATC is needed at OLBA.

Lol, I love the Tennessee Volunteers!

Sorry for going off topic.

2 Likes

Same thing applies. What part of having a life do you still not understand?

Besides, finals are coming up so atc service might be lower than usual.

5 Likes

Yeah, but they are volunteers. I’m sure it will open up soon.

1 Like

Buddy, I’m sorry but you can’t have everything you want. Just like me I can’t either just because an airport is closed doesn’t mean someone has to open it sorry if I sound mean when I say this but everyone does this is life… We all just have to suck it up and go along with it that’s how life works.

3 Likes

In that case, they should have some sort of reservation list. Controllers could sign up for a specific time at which they know that they will be available. It would avoid situations like this.

What’s the point of this reservation list? I’m sure @Claudio can explain if that’s needed as he is an IFATC.

1 Like

I like the creativity, but a schedule doesn’t force us to fill up every single slot. Giving up everything else in our lives to leave every Friday open to control is not how the system works (I wish it did).

Looking on liveflight right now, and there’s some spacing issues on final that can be sorted with a GA or two. Nothing major that needs critical attention. :)

5 Likes

It avoids times when there is no ATC.

I’m sorry to say this, but there’s not ATC every second.

1 Like

Most people are too lazy to go around. They will land with another plane on the runway. It will quickly become chaos.

Alright Philippe you have a life right you have times where you can’t do things because you have to do personal things correct. IFATC has that too just because they can’t fulfill your needs doesn’t mean they have to. All the other people at OLBA haven’t made a topic about the closed atc only you. Please refrain because it clutters the forum. Work with what you got dude. When life gives you lemons make lemonade.

3 Likes

That’s not your problem, be the professional one and go around if needed.

1 Like

But I can’t land if others won’t let me

It doesn’t happen every time, and also don’t forget there are 3 runways at Beirut. You can always runway change if needed, and you are talking about Unicom.

1 Like

Is anyone listening to me here, because I feel that what I said about the reservation list just got ignored. It is a simple and genius solution to this problem. I really think IFATC should do that.

You are the one who changed the subject and said that they wouldn’t let you land 🤷‍♂️

1 Like