Someone in Sydney Expert ATC

Could someone join in Sydney so I can have ATC on my way to YSCB

Expert ATC don’t go to an airport simply because a forum member wants them to.

18 Likes

it worked earlier today…

6 Likes

Best thing to do in this type of situation is to plan an event beforehand because then it is ok to request for an ATC. IFATC trys to changes sides every now and then and we usually change regions every few hours depending on our mood. So we don’t answer to these urgent requests unless someone feels really generous today. Just saying.

1 Like

This is the second time in as many days for a topic like this.

This shouldn’t become a trend.

6 Likes

Personally I agree. But at what point again does it become appropriate to request assistance in a flight? Like what larametershave been set. (I’m curious simply in the future that I need some ATC to staff events. Like how do I correctly go about doing that)

1 Like

I think we can all make a common sense distinction between a request made in a thread in the Events category and a one-off individual flight.

2 Likes

I think this is fine. ATC trainees always ask for pilots to come help them out. Has to be able to go both ways.

3 Likes

There are a lot more pilots than ATC’s. Also, ATC TRAINEES request for pilots, while pilots request for professional, expert ATC’S.

4 Likes

Professional? I don’t any of the expert service controllers are being payed for what they do. Let’s not get our panties in a bunch about this fellas.

1 Like

did you not get the point?

1 Like

Yes I do get the point. The fact that he wanted expert ATC doesn’t mean anything to me. Just because they have taken a test doesn’t mean they can’t just hop on if the wanted to. People enjoy the service that they provide and I don’t think theres anything wrong with just politely asking like this gentleman did. So relax

I don’t think there’s anything wrong either. I said that it should be done in a timely manner though, not last second.

Fair enough. Maybe there was a controller when he departed and they went offline.

😁 well there had better be some ATC lovin when my fat wheels touch down at KLAX, KSAN, KNUC, KPSP and EGLL… or there be BIG TROUBLE!! Like so BIG… I would circle that airport for hours like a hawk… swoopin down at the tower… just like Maverick!! 😎

Whether you’re joking or not, that’s a good way to ensure that you don’t get preferential service whenever you request it. Some people don’t take too kindly to that kind of attitude.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.