Some spotting at KFLL

23 Likes

Is that a Sunwing 737 with a Thomson themed body?

1 Like

First time I seen a Norwegian 737 at this airport, I seen the 787 every now and then tho.

8 Likes

Looks like it !! Maybe an old Thompson aircraft ? I don’t know

1 Like

Was leased from them I think @Sean_Murphy

A I see! And it looks funky with an orange tail on it with a blue and gray body lol

1 Like

That’s what they normally do with leased planes.

1 Like

True, just like I believe Airberlin had a leased Transavia 737 and it had airberlin logo on the body but had the T for transavia on the tail!

1 Like

I did some research and the company that operates Sun Wing airlines is Sun Wings Travel Group and that’s owned by the TUI group hence the TUI hybrid livery

2 Likes

WhAt is the yellow plane at the bottom!!

1 Like

Some nice catches! Cool to see the Sunwing Hybrid and the Norwegian 737! And Thomson and Sunwing both lease 737s to each other.

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Spirit Airlines aka Evil Spirit Airlines

2 Likes

BHM has the same control tower

1 Like

Nice pics👍🏼

1 Like

Thanks !!
I wish there were more variety at this airport. It’s almost the same traffic in and out every time, in exception of some airlines like Azul and Emirates that arrive once daily. The biggest aircraft so far here is the 772.

A nice collection you have there

2 Likes

Hey is this what you are talking about ;). Saw this when i landed at FLL. Photo by me :)

1 Like

Yes !! Wow, you been on that Emirates flight to FLL… That’s awesome ! I’ve seen it land a couples of times here.

4 Likes

Yup FLL is one interesting airport. To get to customs from the gate you have to walk through every gate in the terminal lol. Fly out on the second day of service and flew back on Jan 3rd

1 Like