Dear Infinite flight community,
Below are some questions I just would like to be answered to get a better understanding of flying on expert. ;)
• If you on a Center’s Frequency and your in range of ATIS at your Arrival airport, do you just say standby and tune into ATIS? (Obviously you would tune back once finished listening to ATIS)
• When under gate hold, do you still request pushback notifying ATC that even though gate hold in in play, once dropped you’ve been ready for pushback?
• When on straight out departures ATC would say fly
runway heading until ___. When that altitude is reached, do you still have to be clear of the Red 8 - 10 mile path until you start your turn? Also do you need to request departure to the ___ after you exit the 8 - 10 marker path?
• When you request departure to a certain heading (North, West, South, etc…) Would you determine your departure by your Stars in your Flight plan, or by your compass at the bottom of your screen when using Hud or Mid hud?
• If your flight plan goes all the way through the 8 - 10 marker Path, do you just say that your departing straight out?
• When requested flight following in Center and Departure, do you need to state your approach request when under FL180 for Center and for departure to, unless asked your approach request from ATC?
• Sometimes ATC would send a very last vector for you and clear you for an approach on your requested or assigned runway but sometimes would send you a heading that wouldn’t allow you to capture the Localizer. Would you just usually correct yourself to capture the localizer? (I usually do that)
• On Unicom do you have to report your EVERY position such as Right Downwind, left crosswind, left base etc…?
• Generally how many Miles from your Arrival airport would be considered a Missed Approach and a Go around?
• In a Go around, will you generally fly runway heading until at the very end so you wouldn’t fly directly over the airport? 😂
• In a Go around would you wait for ATC to tell you to “Turn Crosswind” or “Right Downwind”?
• In pattern work if ATC tells you to turn crosswind, would you maintain crosswind until further instructions? Or is everything else at your discretion?
• If told to go to departure and it goes offline, would you tune into Approach if in range and another departure isn’t in use?
• If you requested flight following on departure and your told proceed on course. Would you continue to request flight following on Center? Or just Check in on Centers frequencies?
• If told proceed on course, can you still request radar vectors?
Thank you for your time trying to Answer My questions!
If you would like to provide any Videos that might answer my questions, Please do so!