Some Pre-Pandemic Spotting!

I really wanted to go plane spotting today at my local airport (Dublin/EIDW) however due to the unfortunate circumstances I’m unable. There wouldn’t be any aircraft anyway although it would be nice not to have to watch thousands of Ryanair 738s haha. So I decided to post some pictures of my last spotting session at Dublin on the 22nd of February 2020 which also happened to be my birthday. Anyway hope you enjoy!

Firstly I had a quick flight in a C172 before heading to Dublin Airport

A BA A321 headed to London Heathrow

An AA A330 headed to Philly

An SAS A320 (old livery) coming in from Stockholm I believe. This was 3 months ago so I could be wrong haha.

An Aer Lingus A330 (old livery) arriving from the US with one of the most beautiful tyre drags I’ve seen and the newly built tower at EIDW. This tower is actually slightly taller than Heathrow’s!

An Aer Lingus A320 (Irish Rugby livery) departing out to the Canaries if I remember correctly

An SAS A320 (new livery) departing to another Scandinavian destination

A beautiful Aer Lingus A330 headed to the US in one of the nicest liveries out there in my opinion!

A Lufthansa A320 (new livery) landing from Frankfurt. I had some friends who would be departing to Frankfurt on the return flight on the aircraft!

A Delta A330 going to the US. Sadly they have replaced their B767s on this route with the A330’s and it’s sad to see them retire their 777s

An Emirates 777 arriving in from Dubai

And to finish it off I was surprised with a special C130! Was a huge surprise when this came taxiing down runway 16/34 to hold short of 28. All the hardcore spotters were out for it and it was a great way to finish the day off. Unfortunately for some reason the takeoff was aborted which was quite a spectacle to watch and the C130 taxied back to the stand on the other side of the airport.

Hope you guys enjoyed! I’m not a huge plane spotter so if you have any tips feel free to leave them below. Let me know which was your favourite! Mine would have to be between the Aer Lingus A330 new livery or the surprise C130.

29 Likes

The second one is the best for me, great shots!

1 Like

Amazing shots Ryan glad to see you posting some spotting of EIDW:D

Next time don’t upload more than ten pictures as per the #real-world-aviation:spotting category rules some people will get annoyed

Great shots once againxD

2 Likes

Ah sorry I thought that rule was for #screenshots-and-videos only. Apologies about that

1 Like

I don’t rly care tbh the more the merrier lol

1 Like

Lovely photos Ryan. Who did you get the flight in the 172 with?

1 Like

The NFC in Weston :) I was supposed to start my PPL course this summer there but it has since been cancelled 😞

2 Likes

I see. Sorry to hear about that😭. Great photos!👍

1 Like

Nice photos. The Aer Lingus new livery looks really good. Nice combination of the Silver and Green. Or is that white and green 🤔

1 Like

Nice pictures! The Emirates Boeing 777-300ER is undoubtably the best aircraft that flies to Dublin every day.

3 Likes

Dublin look’s like a great place to do some spotting! Amazing spots!

I see enough Emirates 777 and A380, haha

1 Like

White and green actually. The lighting didn’t do it justice.

There’s a better picture for you :)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.