Some parts of runways and airports on approach disappear

Sometimes, on approach (on short final), suddenly some parts of runway and airport disappear. This happens to me 4-5 times during last month. I clearly can see the whole of runway that I supposed to land but when reaching about 1 nm of runway threshold suddenly some part of that runway disappear. Last time it happened few minutes ago on approach to LEBL. This time I took a screenshot:

This happens at times. Usually by going into your in game setting and restoring your scenery cache should solve the issue.

1. Go into your in game settings
  2. Go into the general tab within your settings
  3. Scroll all the way down in general to the second to last column
  4. Click clear scenery cache
1 Like

I did it in the previous case during the flight but nothing happened.

I’ve seen this happen at times as well where it doesn’t work on the first try. Have you tried restoring the cache multiple times? That usually solves the issue for me if not the first time resorting.

No. I didn’t do it more than 1 time during the flight. I have to check it at the next case. It maybe happens again in the next 4-5 days.

1 Like

Yeah you try it for sure. Just make sure that you are pausing and doing these at an appropriate time of flight instead of a 1 mile final. I’d go around if this is the case and sort it out in air.

Yes you are right. I must make a go around and then restoring the scenery.
Please keep this topic open several days until we reach a desirable solution.

Most likely you will have the scenery when you enter another flight.

Make sure your connection is strong, so it can stream the scenery and airports needed.

1 Like

As I said in the main comment, I can see the whole of runway during approach and it suddenly disappears when I get very close to runway (about 1nm of the runway threshold). Look at the screenshot again please. I could see the whole of the runway 2 seconds before taking this screenshot.

1 Like

First, verify that you have plenty of free storage space. Not having free space could cause this to occur.

The other option usually happens when the scenery stream from our servers to your device becomes corrupt for some reason.

To resolve this issue, please try the following steps:

• Relaunch Infinite Flight (make sure you stop it from running in the background first)
  • Before starting a new flight, Go to Settings —> General —> Tap “Clear scenery cache”. It’s in the bottom.
  • Start a flight (try on Solo first)
Credit

Airport disappears on final

As I said before, this problem doesn’t happen permanently. I usually fly 2-3 times per day and this problem usually happens 1 time per week for me.

It is a rare-ish issue, another us not much we can do. Also both my questions/suggestions had not been mentioned before, snapping back doesn’t help, as I don’t understand why I should even attempt at helping you. We are trying to help you, you aren’t helping me in any way.

1 Like

Ok sir and sorry if I made you resentful.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.