After a long flight and when I’m approaching the runway, the game crashes
We are aware of a slightly increased crash rate on 19.4 with iOS. The cause of this is not 19.4 directly, but a framework used together with iOS 13 that is leaking a substantial amount of memory. The less RAM your iOS device is equipped with, the greater the risk is of being affected.
Latest update regarding the crash issue:
App keep crashing after 19.4 update
After a lot of investigation we are finally confident about the source of this issue. The root cause is in a 3rd party framework we use to perform requests to our servers (to download imagery and elevation tiles for example). We have reported the issue to the 3rd party but it might still take a while to get a fix. In the meantime, we are attempting to find a workaround but it is a fairly delicate piece of code that is hard to change without potential side effects (adding more bugs). We will re…
Now more than ever, the steps quoted should be followed when attempting a longer flight as it will greatly reduce the risks of experiencing a crash.
General iOS tips:
• One great thing to do before launching Infinite Flight, is to perform a soft restart of the device. This is a quick and reliable way of making sure your device is operating at peak efficiency. This is done by holding down the power/lock button until you see “Slide to power off”. Then hold down the home button until you’re returned to the home screen. For iOS devices without a Home button, a restart is recommended as the soft restart feature does not exist on those.
• Make sure you don’t have “Low power mode” on your iPhone. If you have, the battery icon in the top right corner is yellow. This can be deactivated from Settings -> Battery, or from “Control Center” depending on how you have it set up. Having “Low power mode” enabled while using Infinite Flight could result in a performance degradation.
• Note : This is not the same as “Low power mode” in Infinite Flight. This is a device function.
If you are experiencing these crashes, make sure you reduce the following settings:
• Texture Resolution: Low
• Anti Aliasing: Off
• Live Aircraft Count: Low to None, None especially on Final.
• Rendering resolution: Low
Thank you this might come in handy
This is also documented in the Support FAQ 19.4 - Please read this before posting! topic.