Some history on Pacific Southwest Airlines

This airline was once called “The World’s Friendliest Airline” since the planes looked like how it smiled and was A Flag carrier of California with its hub being Los Angeles, San Diego and San Francisco

This Airline was Based in California and dominated there with the reputation on it for 40 years until around the late 1980s it was merged to USair which renamed us airways which merged with American Airlines in 2013

Before it was gone it had a Fleet of the MD-80s BAE 146 Family and the DC-9s

As in today many seem to forgot about it but mostly know about the Crashes of Flight 182 & 1771 (but that’s another time) and it’s almost similar to PSA Airlines as it’s a regional airline with American eagle

That’s all for today see you next time

7 Likes

Very interesting airline.

@ClassicAirlinerLover has entered the chat

1 Like

(Just a heads up that the US Airways-American Airlines merger was in 2013)

1 Like

Being completely honest. I didn’t find out what PSA stood for until about a year ago when a DFW controller asked Bluestreak what PSA stood for. I found it kind of ironic knowing they don’t fly any pacific or southwest routes today.

1 Like

Oh yeah thanks for the correction

1 Like

No problem! American is just my airline 😂

that’s new to me

EDIT: it’s so cute!
capture_419_orig

1 Like

Yeah AirCal had them too. I guess it was a popular CA regional jet? idk
Wish they still operated them

1 Like

Yep https://www.airliners.net/photo/AirCal/British-Aerospace-BAe-146-200/2395371

2 Likes

The snack that smiles back! Goldfish lol

2 Likes

aircal’s livery is one of the best ones imo

1 Like

It’s so weird seeing it in the AA livery though.
CA used to have so many airlines. What happened 😭

1 Like

Mergers by either American Airlines or other big U.S Airlines or just bankrupted

1 Like

Yep. It’s sad.
I think AA took a few (AirCal and Reno Air)

The Reno Air livery looks cool though

1 Like

If I had the money, I’d revive this airline back to ya former glory

Yeah it is no doubt about it

Yea and maybe get some 737NG (or other airbuses) to look relevant like eastern airlines did