Some Common Sense Please

I was having fun on the fnf tonight, and I was on approach for runway 8l at Honolulu. The approach signed off, so I switched to tower. He cleared me for runway 8l, and so I dropped to final altitude for runway 8l, but then at about 1500 feet, he told me to move to 8r! So I said going around, because there is no way I could switch in that time. Then the tower ghosted me. This is on advanced too, I’m pretty sure you don’t vector someone to a different runway at the last 30 seconds.

1 Like

@Tyler_Shelton @Tristan_Hensley

while you are waiting for feedback from the person in charge, I suggest that you contact the controller in question and try to get an explanation. maybe he was stressed?

That is strange. I also was wondering why they were taking off on 8l when they use 8r in real life.

Was the Ethiad A321 with Lufthansa call sign…Had a good time at my first advanced full flight. Did you do anything else except asking for go-around(I wasn’t listening sorry)

When was this??

There are always two sides to every story. If you have a problem with advanced ATC, contact Tyler please do not make a post here on the forum. Now just wait for Tyler to sort it out. Thanks:)

3 Likes

Around ten minutes ago.

Please do not discuss this any further here, it is not the place and is being taken care of:)

1 Like

Ok. I am a little upset though because I was flying for over an hour, and then in the last minute I got ghosted.

Thank you 👍🏻

1 Like

I can imagine how you feel, but trust me you will be told why you were ghosted if it was your fault:)

1 Like

What was your call sign?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

No it was more than 30 minutes ago actually. I know it wasn’t you because you are a great controller.

I logged off about an hour ago, but I only ghosted one person which was on the ground. I have the screenshot of it as well.

1 Like

Actually don’t, take this to PM please, thanks:)

Your the captain/ pilot of the plane so you dont always have to ackowledge or listen to the ATC. It shouldnt have been a ghost