Some Air Traffic Controllers Trolling Pilots

I just want to make aware that some of the ATC in infinite flight might be out there just to troll pilots. For example once I was flying from KLAX-KSAN and the air traffic controller told me to line up and wait Runway 24L. After when I entered the runway they told me that I was not clear to enter the runway, please exit the runway and to follow instructions. So I ended up going behind 5 other aircraft also waiting to takeoff at that runway. I think that we should be able to judge or rate traffic controllers every time we finish a flight or takeoff from that airport.

7 Likes

That is a brilliant idea

2 Likes

Is this something you want implemented or just something that happened to you.

Yeah, that’s a problem. Something needs to be done.

Ratings were in place when this was first released, but it was a mess. Most cases involved people giving low ratings because they had to wait or do something they didn’t want to.

13 Likes

it happened to me

Sounds like a playground controller that thinks “line up and wait” means “hold short”. Very common mistake.

2 Likes

Yeah I also posted topic that about rating system for ATC, but some people told me that there was rating system. However, it wasn’t worked well, so no longer we have it. ATC voting system
And yes, there is brainless pilots also brainless controllers whose I can tell obviously doing crazy control for full time.

1 Like

Yeah, there is. But if ATC misunderstands, whoa big trouble :(

1 Like

I hope the atc is real like in real life.

Yeah I have to disagree with a rating system however I was on the main ATC server and got lined up for a runway while I was coming in. After a rather odd approach I was lined up for the main runway yet kept being told to go to the secondary. My aircraft wasn’t set up to land on the shorter runway thanks to the approach and I had to go extremely slow so my sink rate was way more then it should have been. Actually got to the point where I was about to land, being only twenty feet off the ground, and got told to go around when I was going so slow that I probably would have stalled and/or popped my tires if I went full power to pull up.

Wo wo wo… Playground?
Guess it’s hard to implement that kind of feature…

That happened to me once. I can’t remember where but I was cleared to enter the runway and once I entered I was told to please exit the runway. Then the ATC exited and it switched to Unicom.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

🤔. No

5 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Because most the complaints we see now aren’t justified. I can’t imagine what a ranking system would be like.

1 Like

Someone gets ghosted for being an absolute tool, rates the controller bad, effects the controller even if they did the right thing.

There is nothing wrong with the system we have now, all advance controllers are accountable for their ghostings and performance, other controllers frequently fly when not controlling and pick up on things that shouldn’t be happening, and we have a brilliant moderation team who also clamp down on people not quite doing the job right. The system works, if you have a complaint post it, get it answered, if the controller is in the wrong your ghost can be reversed, mistakes happen nobody is perfect

2 Likes

Thats a vivid idea in a way. But when IF live was released people started giving low ratings for waiting for a long period of time.

2 Likes

How do I go about this ghost reversal process, exactly? I was wrongly ghosted yesterday and I even tried contacting the controller about it, but he’s nothing but defensive.

1 Like