Som questions about approaches to JFK and in general

So I am a bit confused on how I am supposed to make the approach to JFK using the LENDY6 arrival. It gets me to the LGA waypoint (star?), but after that, am I supposed to fly all the way around the airport using the approach with NRTON as a starting point or going directly from LGA to final approach?

Is it at all required to both use arrival procedures and approach procedures or just one or the other? Quite often I have found places where they don’t line up with each other and I have to use only approach procedures. I am not new to Infinite flight, but have become a lot more serious about making it as realistic as possible!

Hope you guys might be able to help with this one :)

1 Like

On the chart it says to expect vectors at the LGA VOR, so I’d just fly generally around the direction of vector on FR24. When the 31s or 22s are in use, vectors usually start with a right turn 180 from the LENDY fix, then they are vectored either to go just on the edge of the airport at ~7000 to enter a left downwind for the 22s or are vectored further southeast to enter a left base for the 31s. I can’t find much on the 4s and 13s as they aren’t used as much

this is a vector I got for 22L on VATSIM by one of their approach controllers at JFK

and another one for 13L by a VATSIM approach controller

2 Likes

In real life, they’d likely give you radar vectors when the arrival and instrument approach don’t line up with each other, so you can self vector yourself onto the ILS.

2 Likes

The VATSIM vectors were pretty accurate. Here’s what they do irl. You’ll get a vector and descent to FL130 when you’re around EWR. Then try to line up downwind with KFRG and descend to 3,000 for base. Typically they’ll intercept you at 2,000 feet for a ~10 mile ILS.

*This is when 22L is in use

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.