Solving The Case of F-BPJK

also this post on airliners.net saying that the walls had blood on them but due to the color, the stains on the floor were likely hydraulic fluids

That’s strange. Was a report filed by either the FAA or NTSB?

not that I can find.

1 Like

Imma try to find out where it was moved to

1 Like

Alright, tell us what you find! :)

1 Like

According to some websites, it was scrapped, and according to some, the airframe status is still intact. From what I have seen, most Air France planes went to Teruel and Knock for scrapping, but it does not seem to be in any of those airports.

This is just a guess, but by seeing the state of the plane in 2003, I don’t think it travelled far. I’m sure that it did not fly again after that, and I don’t think anyone would want to invest much in it to make it move. I assume it was just moved to a nearby hangar or scrapped on the spot and the pieces were disposed of.

Some more info I found:

The plane had stayed for around 10 years at Annecy before disappearing in 2003. It was all white until tags were painted on it. After some searching, it seems the tags were put between January and July 2003, likely around March.

Even more info I found:

This picture of the plane taken in January 2003 shows orange fluids on the ground, matching the orange stains on the carpet, but not the red stains on the wall. This confirms that it was indeed hydraulic fluid on the floor, but it has not been disproven that there is blood on the walls.

Even even more info I found:

The plane had trouble over the alps, and seems to have landed at Annecy. It was not put there for display, it seems to have actually done an emergency landing there and not moved since. Seeing where Annecy is (West of the alps) and by looking at the range of the 727, it was likely flying to Paris from either Italy, Turkey or the middle east.

2 Likes

Apparently every time someone went to take pictures of the plane, the interior would slightly change. I know that all seats and other stuff were stripped but I’m talking about the stuff remaining in the aircraft. One time something will be there, and the next time, it disappears. Looks like someone slowly tried to cover it up without making it too obvious.

3 Likes

That would make sense, if Air France (or anyone) wanted to cover it up, they would remove the interior slowly, but it could also be vandals.

Here is a map showing the 727 range (in black), as well as the location of where it “crashed” (in green), the max distance from Paris the 727 could fly (in orange) and some possible cities that could have been where it came from (in pink)

It said that the aircraft is now actually stored in a place in Newyork.

1 Like

Could you show me a link please?

I can’t say that it’s very safe to jump straight into the conclusion that it is hydraulic fluid, especially considering that we have no way to know beyond any reasonable doubt, because it’s since disappeared.

I managed to list the possible destinations using some older flight schedules from both main airports:

• Anakra
  • Istanbul
  • Nice
  • Milan (LIN)
  • Turin
  • Venice
  • Zurich
  • Izmir
  • Geneva
  • Rome
  • Ajaccio
  • Annaba
  • Bastia
  • Constantine
  • Djerba

This is also assuming that the aircraft flew from Paris, whereas other cities can be taken into account, with possible routes such as:

• Any route from Lyon, due to close proximity. What is to discuss is why they didn’t divert anywhere else if it was an incident at all.
  • Any northbound route from Nice or Marseille, that would overfly the Annecy area.
4 Likes

Good point

Also thank you for the list!

I just noticed the crates/pallets stacked up under the right wing in the picture. Might be able to help us… or make the investigation harder… idk

Could be there so people can enter… or investigate something up close?

Its hard to decide what happened. The Aircraft got hijacked or something else happened.

1 Like

If the rear air stair was really left open like in this photo…

Photo Credits: William Ronciere @ JetPhotos.com

Literally anyone brave enough to hop the airport fence could quickly gain access to anything inside the plane… In my personal opinion as someone who has never had to cover up a crime scene, if there was really anything to hide they probably would have closed the airstair

But the JetPhotos OP also “pinpoints” the area where the inflight emergency might have happened by saying… “Ex-Air France aircraft that ran into trouble somewhere over the French Alps”

3 Likes

That’s a good point. I’ll keep it in mind

1 Like

I’m also inclined to believe the photographer(s) had special permissions. Multiple work at Airbus, and those were the only ones that posted pics of the inside, and all other pics have the stairs up.

I think they might have had someone open the stairs for them.

1 Like

More info from JetPhotos,

Photo Credits: William Ronciere @ JetPhotos.com

Here it is again with the air stairs open making it seem like they were indeed permanently opened at some point as it’s not snowing anymore

but possibly more importantly this time the OP offers this information, “Now used as a training frame, this 727 has been sitting here for almost 10 years. She is said to have suffered a heavy inflight depressurisation prior to her removal from service”

Training for what you ask, IDK 🤷‍♂️

But with the remoteness of the aircraft it could be anything, firefighting? Whatever the French version of the FBI hostage rescue team is? Is that we’re the “blood” came from? Is it fake? 🤷‍♂️

2 Likes

That’s a possibility, and a big one to be honest but there are still a few loopholes…
Why at this airport?
Why trying to hide the info?
Was there a depressurization or is it a training frame? Or both?

1 Like