[Solved] A warning to iPhone 7 users

Hello IFC, I’m back here with a topic that needs to be talked about immediately. So recently Apple came out with it’s newest update, IOS11. I decided to download it onto my phone, and my was working as usual, then this morning I decide to open my iPhone 7, but there is a big issue. While I can get to the main screen through the home screen on the iPhone once I am in the main area where I can go to apps I try to open Infinite Flight, but nothing happens, I try to open up other apps… nothing happens. I try to move tot he next page, but my screen is stuck on the first page of apps I have. So, I try to restart my iPhone… it won’t even let me restart it! So, I plug my phone into my Mac Book Air and see if I can control it from there, no luck. My iPhone was in perfect condition before I downloaded IOS11, don’t download it, save your phone and save yourself from being forced to buy and iPhone 8.

5 Likes

Report to apple.com and call support

8 Likes

I am sorry for your issue… but how does this belong in an aviation forum, let alone in the #general category?

5 Likes

I don’t see how this belongs in #general as it isn’t really related. BUT, I don’t have this issue so I suggest doing what @Insertusernamehere said :).

3 Likes

Lots of people have been running iOS 11 with no issues though and some of us beta tested it. I suggest backing your phone up and restoring it to factory settings. Then reinstall iOS 11

Edit: information to restart device was provide below. The suggestion provided resolved the issue.

3 Likes

You don’t understand, I don’t have access to ay settings… not even when I try it through iTunes.

2 Likes

I’m trying to warn anyone who has an iPhone 7, so they don’t make the same mistake made by downloading it.

2 Likes

I understand, I’m sorry this happened to you. This has happened in the past with other phones and updates. Go to your local Apple Store.

I have 3 iPhone 7’s in my home with no issues.

3 Likes

I plan on it, I just want to make sure no one else experiences this problem.

This sounds like a software issue with your phone. I don’t know why you think this problem specifically happens on the iPhone 7. Hardware doesn’t matter in this case, it’s software you should be worried about.

As others have already stated, it’s best to call Apple Support about this. I’m sure if other users have faced this issue, they would do the same.

I have an iPhone 7 and have not experienced this problem.

5 Likes

Have you tried holding the power and volume button down for 10secs to force restart?

3 Likes

On the iPhone 7 it’s the power button and volume down for a hard restart. :)

2 Likes

Along with what @OJFam and @Levet said, I’m running IOS 11 without issue, I’m actually loving he screen recording!

3 Likes

iPhone 7 Reset

1. Press and hold down the On/Off button on the right side
  2. While continuing to hold the On/Off button, press and hold the volume down button on the left side of your iPhone.
  3. Hold both buttons as the screen turns off, and keep holding them until the screen turns back on and displays the Apple logo.

Cheers, let us know how you make out. ;)

4 Likes

Your going have to make your way to the Apple Store. My mom had a problem like this and they had to replace her phone.

Been running IOS11 for about 4-5 months on my IPhone 7 and no problems…must be an error on your end…

1 Like

It worked! It actually worked! My iPhone 7 is running normally now. Thank you so much!

2 Likes

My iPhone 7 is now working, thank you so much.

A moderator can take this post down if they want.

1 Like

Your welcome man. Glad we could help! Have a nice night 🤘🏼👍🏼

1 Like

You too, I’ll be flying on Infinite Flight now lol.

1 Like