Solve doubt about Canadian callsigns

Hello people. I have a question and I want to clarify it. I recently saw that Canada has several types of license plates: “C-I” “C-F” “C-G” “CF-” What’s the difference?

1 Like

I believe most aircraft use either C-F or C-G; not sure there’s a difference between those two. C-H is for hovercraft and C-I for ultralights.


The Canada section of this Wikipedia post seems to explain it pretty well:

C-I: ultralights
CF: General (Vintage)
C-F: General
C-G: General (Tmk they ran out of C-F combos, take with a grain of salt)

1 Like

Additionally there is a document referenced in other official Canadian documents with the TP number tp11957 with a chapter 4 titled: Aircraft Identification. However I have not been able to locate it here: Aviation Publications

Any Canadians by chance live in Ottawa who can check about this document with transport Canada?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.