Solutions of avoid receive ‘CMOS Dust’ rejection in Jetphotos

I’m a planespotter who have been upload photos to Jetphotos for about one year. But there’s one issue that always entangled to me , the issue is the COMS Dust. I think every planespotters who upload to Jetphotos knows, the tools ‘Check for dust’ is very professional. This tool can see any small dust on the photo.
But as my photo editing experience(Lightroom), normally you can’t find every dust in Lightroom’s check dust tools.
Even though I know, we may could upload the photo to Jetphotos and use check for dust tools(Jetphotos one) to check for the dust and to make the dust disappear by photo editing software.But It really cost lots of time.
So what I wanna to ask for help is : How to check the dust in Lightroom or photoshop more effective?

Example image
图片

You should get your sensor cleaned.

In lightroom press the spot removals tool. Then press the box next to visualise spots, the image should turn into black and white. The circle white circles are the dust spots.

Let me know how you go!

1 Like

See those dots? that’s the CMOS dust they’re talking about. If you edit in lightroom, this can be removed using the spot removal feature

1 Like

Thanks for your advice!
Actually I always use the tool that you suggest , but I always can’t find every dust in this tool.the reason that I write this passage is to find a better solution to find the dust.

@sqeezelemon

I don’t think there’s a better solution for this except for physically cleaning your sensor, only advise may be to tick the “visualize spots” box while in spot removal mode to make them much more easier to spot.

I just cleaned my CMOS one month before, but there’s still some super small dust on the sensor.

how do you clean your sensor? could the dust be coming from your lens

Hmmm, that’s strange, maybe it was the lens all along?

There are a few, easiest is to just use a clone tool in your editing software. I know cannon also has software that automatically does it given a few test shots from your camera though I’m not familiar with it. There are like nine or ten there though so you should probably look into getting that cleaned.

1 Like

Could be, I may need to clean it

Depending on how careful you are, and your environment it can build up pretty quick. Whenever your making a lens change or anything like that try to have the camera body facing down and make it quick. Perhaps try to wipe down the front of your lens to see if it’s that but I really can’t say I’ve heard of lens dust coming through like that before.

Try a homemade deep fry.

Dehaze + 100 Clarity + 100 and then bring the exposure up until you see the spots. It’s not as good as the sorcery JP has but it works pretty well in my experience.

2 Likes

Thanks for your advice!
Lens is much easier to clean , but the cleaning CMOS is much difficult to clean it.
But since now, the best way to check the dust is to upload to Jetphotos first and using the check tools in Jetphotos.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion!
I will gonna try your experience to edit the photo next time.

1 Like

That’s the answer that I waiting for !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.