"Solution" mark available in #meta

Pretty self explanatory :) - being able to marks a meta post as solved would be useful, everyone could see it’s solved, it might prevent 4516,9294920 other users re-iterating the same thing (not their fault - it’s that they see a meta topic, jump in, and reply ) and also make searching for solutions to your issues easier.

Whaddyall think?

17 Likes

Yes yes yes. I was literally thinking this earlier today. Would be so useful.

8 Likes

But sometimes meta topics are not forum support topics.
E.g:

5 Likes

You wouldn’t need to use it on every topic. On that sort of topic, there’s no need.

3 Likes

It’s category specific, so we’d have to create a separate category for it if it were to be implemented.

However, as people are having troubles understanding what’s appropriate for #support… I personally don’t see this.

If people were to read the FAQ’s pinned, and the welcome message we wouldn’t have this problem.

12 Likes

I understand your point. Maybe regulars could add [SOLVED] to the start of titles for solved issues as a potential solution?

So no one would mark it as solution. Simple. 😊

1 Like

I’m not a fan of adding [placeholder] in general.

9 Likes

Wouldn’t it be so much easier just to flag as something else and say ‘problem solved probably can be closed now’?

yes, buts it’s more for the tick mark and solution box then anything. It’s not fun scrolling through a 100 post topic to find the solution - the solution tick brings it to the top

1 Like

Those things are awful, especially in the event titles. Shows up very weirdly in the app.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.