Solo Vs Live, which do you use and why?

developing on from the Discussion in the Global Thread about using Live and Solo I thought would start a fresh conversation on this.

If you have Live or Live + do you still use Solo mode and if so why and when?

When I only had SOLO as was waiting for a new iPad in order to be able to upload the update for live, I couldn’t understand why some people said they would only fly using Live, however since getting Live myself I now understand why!

These days I fly 90% of the time on the Live Servers, (TS or Expert depending on my whim and where there is ATC), I only fly on Solo on a couple of occasions:

1. When flying either a new aircraft or if I have not flown it for a while I will practice some short finals in SOLO mode in order remind myself of the characteristics before taking it for a spin on live.

2. As I travel a far bit for work, usually if I have an hour to spare in an airport I will have a flight in solo to keep my hand in!

3. If I am planning a flight for later on I will often spawn in solo mode in order to look at routing options.

What about you? Do you still use the Solo mode if you have Live and when do you use it?

18 Likes

Thats what im thinking too

2 Likes

and do you use Solo or Just Live?

3 Likes

I use Live most i dont like using solo because its boring in expert

7 Likes

Solo because I can’t use Live much during school and I only get monthly subscriptions during holidays.

5 Likes

I use solo if I wanna muck around without anyone seeing me just do stupid things (bouncing around on mountains and 360’s just above airports) or when I have no internet and I’m in the right mood. I use live whenever I have the internet and I just wanna do a normal ish flight, I use solo 5% of the time and live 95% of the time

11 Likes

Use solo to practise high-crosswind landings, that’s what I use it for.

5 Likes

Live - I like to fly with ATC
Solo - So that I can get the screenshots for my edits

6 Likes

By the way thanks @David_Lockwood for making this thread, I think this will develop into one of the best disscussions seen on here for a while

4 Likes

I never use solo, cause there’s no ATC and no other users. Flying live is more realistic.

3 Likes

I think we are seeing a similar thought process that majority of time if you have LIVE you only occasionally use the SOLO feature.

2 Likes

Couldn’t tell you the last time I’ve flown on Solo. Live is the heart and soul of this sim

3 Likes

I use solo because I don’t believe in paying only for temporary use of a feature.

3 Likes

Live to fly
Solo to play around

3 Likes

I almost never use solo mode, except when I have no access to wifi and still want to practice my landings. I plan my routes usually based on ATC coverage, so solo would be pointless for routes.

3 Likes

Solo because I can’t afford live

2 Likes

I use live when I want to see others and fly. Or get XP. Solo I use to fool around. I even recreated Boeing testing the 747-8 taking off at 1,000,000 pounds at Edwards Air Force Base on solo.

3 Likes

I use solo to film YouTube video videos and to practice maneuvers. I also use it when I’ve purchased something new and want to test it out before heading to live.

3 Likes

I use solo to do a first test of new aircraft and features, however live is the best because of the grade system, hours and xp.

5 Likes

I use solo if I’m on a break* in the office and can’t get on to wifi/4g. Usually I just do the long final to practice landings with various weather and weight settings, I find it’s a useful way to practice with the option to replay and even go live at an earlier stage if I want to try doing something differently.

*on the loo. :-D

4 Likes