Solo Low Power Glitch

So, to start, I’ve been doing my best to test around and see what is causing this glitch to happen. Recently I have been using IF more in solo mode, mainly cause the 5x tool is amazing (great work as always!). The problem I’ve been having is when 5x and low power mode are enabled, the aircraft wings begin to basically flap like a bird. I tested this with several planes, and it has led to knocking auto pilot off and crashing a few flights I used as tests. I hate that I can’t describe it any better than I have, but I do have multiple screen recordings, as this happens every time low power mode kicks in while 5x is selected. Hope I can help improve on this small detail!

Hey there! Sorry to hear that this is happening. To best help, could you provide us with a bit of information?

1. Are you referring to your device’s low power mode or IF’s?
  2. Does this happen when low power mode isn’t enabled/off?
  3. Do you always experience this?
1 Like

Popped on solo myself and had the same results. I thought the flapping would be a result of the winds and subsequent wing flex effect being shown differently as a result of Low Power Mode’s framerate limiter, but even without winds, it seems to do the same thing. As to the autopilot issue, I wasn’t able to find a way to knock autopilot off. A staff member will probably drop by and log it when they see this.

Hmm. I just tried doing the same, but to no avail.

1 Like

Glad you saw what I was talking about! I don’t know the plane you used, but the smaller planes seem to get knocked around really bad!

I used the 77W. I’ll give some other planes a shot too later and see what happens.

2 Likes
  1. Yes, I am referring to IF’s low power mode.
  2. This does not occur when low power mode is off.
  3. I have experienced this every time both 5x and low power mode are enabled.

I was able to do it in the B777-300ER and the A318-100. What aircraft were you using when the Autopilot disconnected?

2 Likes

The 737-800

1 Like

Hmm, interesting. I just tested it out again, this time using the B747 and 717. Neither of those planes had this issue. The A321, however, did. I’m quite puzzled, lol. I wonder if wing-flex capable aircraft is a factor.

1 Like

B747 and B717 don’t have any wing-flex ability. My guess it’s a thing with wing-flex planes.

2 Likes

Hmm. Maybe it is only with the aircraft with wing flex? I was using the 737-800 when it got so bad that auto pilot was switched off.

All 737s have wing flex. Since the issue occurred with the 77W and A318, which also have wing flex, it’s most likely an issue with how 5x and low power mode handles planes with wing flex.

1 Like

Sounds like it! Just wanted to let the team know about it.

Do you remember if there was any winds when the AP disconnected?

A staff member will most likely log this whenever they get a chance to see this thread. Nice spot!

1 Like

There were none. I tested winds and even when turned off the glitch did still happen.

2 Likes

What phase of flight were you in when AP disconnected? Climb, cruise, descent?

Edit: Gonna be testing some things with all three stages.

2 Likes

Additionally, what altitude were you at when it disconnected?

@Saharsh and I were doing some testing, and it seems if you’re descending above 260kts, you’ll have your entire plane be affected too. We were both able to reproduce the wing flapping issue, as well as the whole plane shaking and tilting around on descent. Speeds were around 290-300kts indicated at -1600VS. My guess is that since the whole plane seems to be shaking when this happens on descent, the autopilot’s limits gets exceeded when a plane spontaneously performs a sharp bank or something like that. Winds were at 0kts. @Saharsh mentioned nothing happened on ascent, and we both found no issues with the whole plane shaking during cruise.

1 Like