SoCal Pilot (IFDude's) flight training updates and highlights

Good morning/afternoon/evening everybody! I have a video showcasing some highlights (mainly just takeoff, a touch and go and a landing). I hope you guys enjoy, I had a ton of fun doing this lesson and I’m excited for the more to come!

NEWEST VIDEO:

Past Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6E41cmmLoM&feature=youtu.be

12 Likes

I used POV sunglasses too lol.

Nicely done! Looks like it was a lot of fun. Keep us up to date on how other parts of your flight training go. Looking forward to hearing about it. 🛫🛬

8 Likes

Thanks! Since I’m 15, we’re hoping that I’ll be able to solo this year once I turn 16. It’s been a great experience so far.

1 Like

POV Sunglasses? That an actual thing?!

1 Like

Sweet! Sounds like you’ve got a solid plan.

@RotorGuy I was thinking the same thing. I may have to look into something like that. 👀

3 Likes

Me too, I got some go pro video that I put the go pro on my helmet but sunglasses would be so better

I bought some for the price of little under one hundred dollars. It was a solid investment for me.

They sell cheaper ones too, but they don’t get a lot of footage.

what plane?

1 Like

I was in a Piper Archer II. The standard training aircraft.

Where abouts are you in your flight training?

2 Likes

Well, not as far as I’d like for about 8 hours worth.

The only things I’ve learned so far are:

Steep turns, stalls, slow flight, takeoff and landing.

(This was because my old flight instructor wasn’t too good and was planning to leave anyways, my new instructor is much better, so the process’ll be sped up much faster.).

1 Like

Nice, Circuits (Patterns) are fun, and then when you get doing Nav, it gets even better.

Good luck with the rest of you training.

Thanks man! I’ll post more videos soon!

1 Like

New video is up!

For the first time, I flew the Cessna Skycatcher!

We did a stop and go at Santa Monica (Since airport restrictions prevent you from doing a touch and go).

1 Like

I have a friend who owns a sky crasher it’s so weird

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.