Soaring day 6/28

Hello everyone👋

I flew the SGS 1-26 today out of KZPH ( Zephyrhills FL). I got to the airport, briefed my instructor on my plan, preflighted my glider and went soaring! Once I was hooked up to the towplane (Pawnee callsign: 3CG) at 1:00EDT, 3CG was rolling down runway 01 and I held the glider 2-5 feet off the runway until 3CG came up off the runway and did a stable climb up to 3’000ft. Once I saw 3’000ft on my altimeter I disconnected the tow rope and went to find some thermals! I thermaled up to 6’500ft and had a little adventure. After an hour of thermaling it was time to venture back to the airport. I found one of my friends in his high performance glider and we flew formation back and met up with some other friends. Lastly I entered the pattern and landed safely.

6 Likes

That’s awesome! Seems like you had a blast :)

1 Like

It was an amazing day!

1 Like

Gliding looks really fun, however I can’t ever find a place that I could try it out.

1 Like

Hmmm do you have a glider port near you? Next time u go on vacation keep your eye out for one it will really open up your eye to aviation

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.