So long, FedEx planes

I just read an article stating that soon FedEx will retire it’s old planes like the A310, and MD-10F. It’s sad to see these planes go. What do you guys think on this?

8 Likes

You could have posted the flight tracker picture on the Flightradar24 Findings part 2 Thread.

Edit, thanks for removing it. Also I have never seen an A300, A310 and MD11 in real life so I hope I see one before they go.

1 Like

There’s no flight tracker…

I didn’t know they had the A310 and md 10

@InfiniteNick is probably huddled in the corner of his house making a river right now because of the A310F

EDIT: don’t you like the A300F?

Shooooooot… please don’t retire the A300… like don’t get me wrong, I love that they’re bringing 757-200F here now to Richmond, but… the A300-600F is just awesome…

1 Like

I have seen the MD-11 and the 727 before IRL, but not the DC-10 or the A300,10. Those DC-10s are getting close to 50 years old. Sadly, its about time they leave the fleet.

1 Like

Here’s an A300-600 for you

8 Likes

As long as Air Transat keeps there A310 we ok
But I heard they are being replaced by the A321LR

1 Like

The MD-10 that almost got hijacked and broke the record for fastest speed in a DC-10 is still in service. It will be sad to see it go.

1 Like

Living in Indy, it has been great to see old and new aircraft, big and small. It will be sad for the MD-10 and A300 but its time. Better aircraft are to come… Still wishing they had completed the A380 order in 2006, that would have been the most spectacular thing.

1 Like

Air Transat is slated to retire their A310’s by early-mid 2020 (April, I think), so they won’t be around much longer either.

1 Like

Man that ship is just beautiful. Jk the airplane is.

I’ll find the picture I have of a FedEx A300 at IAD.

Sad to see these go, but they’re getting old…

Damn. I want the A310 to be around longer

1 Like

I’m so used to FX A300s flying over my house since I’m in Memphis

1 Like

I have to agree. Now PIT gets the 767, and while I always wished we would get more of those ever since Condor started flying them here a few years back, I was so sad to see the A300 go. The 757 was my favorite plane to see when Delta flew it in from Paris, then they switched it to a 767, so then I fell in love with the A300, short fat, looks so good to me, then of course Qatar had to send a 777 here, so that took the cake, now British has a 787 here, and that’s, wow, just stunning, but now, at least for a limited time FedEx is sending us A300s again from Indy, but then again Qatar now has one of it’s three weekly flights at a time I can see it, I think the morale of the story is that I like all the planes, not sure why that story was necessary tbh… 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

I did get to go inside the cockpit of a FedEx A300 though, and had a major wtf moment when I saw a yoke, you learn something new every day I guess… 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.