Snoman's 2019 of flying! Highlights, awards, and more

Hello everyone! As 2019 comes to an end, I’m taking a look back at my year in Aviation. I have taken 23 flights in 2019 so far, and have one more to take! This will be more than twice the number of flights I’ve ever taken in a year before!

Where I flew:

Route Airline Aircraft Notes
Austin (KAUS) - Atlanta (KATL) Delta A321
Atlanta (KATL) - Hartford (KBDL) Delta 737-800 Second leg of previous flight
Hartford (KBDL) - Baltimore (KBWI) Southwest 737-700
Baltimore (KBWI) - Austin (KAUS) Southwest 737-700 Second leg of previous flight
Austin (KAUS) - Chicago O’Hare (KORD) American 737-800
Chicago O’Hare (KORD) - Barcelona (LEBL) American 787-8 Second leg of previous flight
Barcelona (LEBL) - Nice (LFMN) Vueling A320
Nice (LFMN) - Barcelona (LEBL) EasyJet A320neo
Barcelona (LEBL) - Vienna (LOWW) Eurowings A319
Vienna (LOWW) - London Gatwick (EGKK) EasyJet A320
London Heathrow (EGLL) - Austin (KAUS) British Airways 747-400 Landor Retro Livery!
Austin (KAUS) - St. Louis (KSTL) Southwest 737-800
St. Louis (KSTL) - Hartford (KBDL) Southwest 737-800 Second leg of previous flight, however no aircraft change
Hartford (KBDL) - Chicago Midway (KMDW) Southwest 737-700 California One!
Chicago Midway (KMDW) - Austin (KAUS) Southwest 737-700 Second leg of previous flight
Austin (KAUS) - Chicago O’Hare (KORD) American 737-800
Chicago O’Hare (KORD) - Hartford (KBDL) American 737-800 Second leg of previous flight
Hartford (KBDL) - Philadelphia (KPHL) American A319
Philadelphia (KPHL) - Austin (KAUS) American E190 Second leg of previous flight
Austin (KAUS) - Dallas/Ft. Worth (KDFW) American A321
Dallas Ft./Worth (KDFW) - Hartford (KBDL) Amercian 737-800 Second leg of previous flight
Hartford (KBDL) - Charlotte (KCLT) American A319
Charlotte (KCLT) - Austin (KAUS) American 737-800 Second leg of previous flight
Austin (KAUS) - Boston (KBOS) Southwest 737-700 Flight will be taken on Dec. 31st

Firsts:
Here are the airports I visited for the first time this year, as well as the airlines and aircraft I flew for the first time.

Airports Airlines Aircraft
Nice (LFMN) EasyJet 787-8
Vienna (LOWW) Eurowings E190
London Gatwick (EGKK)*
Saint Louis (KSTL)
Philadelphia (KPHL)
Boston (KBOS)**

*I have visited London before however
**Yet to be visited

Favorite Airline:
Out of all of the airlines I flew this year, Southwest is still my favorite! I just love Southwest along with many other Americans.

Best Flight:
Out of all of the flights I took this year, my best was definitely London Heathrow to Austin on the BA Landor Retro on the 747. This flight has been the most memorable of my life to date, and I will remember it forever! Read my trip report here:

Thanks to @AlphaSeven for giving me some of these ideas! Here’s to a great 2020!

9 Likes

This may be twice the amount of flights as last year for you, it’s 24 times more than me! The only flight I was on this year was in the Ford Tri-Motor. Seems like a lot by my standards. Hope they were great!

1 Like

Yeah I’ve taken a lot of flights this year to visit my grandparents because they have become very sick. That’s why I fly to BDL so often

1 Like

Oh no! I’m so sorry, I really hope they get better soon.

1 Like

Thank you so much

1 Like

Holy %$@&! That’s more than I’ve probably flown in my life. BDL isn’t a bad airport but PVD is sooo much better. (I’ve flown to both multiple times in the past 3 years to see my grandfather in central Connecticut)

1 Like

Yeah I’m going to Vermont when I fly up there so unfortunately PVD isn’t very convenient

1 Like

Hope VT is nice. I’ve got some family there but only went once when I was 2 or 3.

1 Like

I just checked into my last flight of the year tomorrow!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.