In 2018, Smart watch worldwide sales are expected to reach 141 million units (source: statistica.com). So it would be safe to assume that many of us here own a smart watch. Do you?
My feature proposal is for IF (of a third party?) to develop a smart watch app that allows us to see vital statistics of our aircraft.
Would it not be handy to check your watch in school, or at work, to see how far your long haul is progressing?
Things we may want to see:
- number of NM to our destination airport
- time left, to our destinations airport
- altitude (AGL)
- overspeed (or close to the speed limit)
- altitude warning
- when 30 mins away from destination; a setting we can choose
Controlling our aircraft from the smart watch, I am not sure about. Perhaps an option to change throttle by plus or minus 10% or by plus or minus M0.02
I’m interested to hear what you think
- I own a smart watch
- I will have a smart watch ‘soon’
- I don’t own a smart watch
- I don’t want a smart watch