small map localizer issue

After the Global update, i found an issue on my infinite flight. when I’m approaching the runway, i usually use the small map in the HUD to intercept the runway localizer at 3000ft, but when I’m doing this in global, my plane always ended up above the glideslope, and i have to descend at -1000ft/m or more. So I retry the approach in solo, and found out that according to the big map, when my plane intercept the localizer, the distance to runway is exactly 9 miles, which is the way its suppose to be, but according to small map in HUD the distance is 8.8 miles when it intercepts. Are there any other people that are having the same issue? or its just me?

Btw, i’m using an iPad Pro 9.7 iOS 11

This may be an airport editing issue? I really have no idea.

probably, it happens in all the airports that I’ve tried.

1 Like

Ok, doesn’t sound like airport editing then. I’ll check if I have the issue on my end.

That happens to me too

1 Like

Happens to me as well. Also when you compare the airspace circles with the normal and the mini map you see that they don’t match. I think this is a known issue.
If you use arrival / approach or transition plates you won’t have that problem. And it’s really fun to fly real world procedures, maybe give it a try. 😉

1 Like

There’s a simple and realistic solution for this. You should be intercepting the localiser from below - try intercepting @ 2500 AGL @ 9 NM out. Then continue flat until you intercept the glideslope

2 Likes

Ok thanks! so should I maintain 2500 until intercept the localizer on small map or start descending when it’s 9 NM out?

2 Likes

Yes, exactly. There’s just a little misalignment that should be fixed soon ;)

I have also been a bit suspcious as to why I am a bit higher than I should be. Before the update entering between 2500-3000ft was fine but now you have to enter at 2500ft to have a safe approach and landing. Hopefully it is fixed in the next update.

1 Like

Simple as that. Intercept at 2500 and fly steady until you hit the glide slope. Then continue as normal

Why don’t you just use the CDI instead of looking at the map?

Apart from all this the different sizes are a known issue.

2 Likes