Small fuel situtation

Hello IFC! I just took off from SBGR (on route to SBBR) and I am cruising at FL360. I have 1:42 fuel remaining, and 52:40 remaining in the flight. Is this enough fuel for a normal landing, as well as taxi? @PlaneCrazy (I think), is currently controlling my arrival airport (in case anyone needs this info)

2 Likes

Depending on your flight speed, etc. it might depend but more than likely you’ll need to declare a low fuel emergency.

3 Likes

Alright! Thank you (this is my first fuel emergency, I thought I had packed enough fuel). How far away can I declare an emergency (there is no approach or departure controller)

1 Like

I don’t think there’s a “how far” limit, as soon as you reach 30:00 minutes of fuel left then you can request emergency.

3 Likes

You wont need to declare fuel emergency. You wouldnt be at your 30 min minimum fuel. Do not call fuel emergency unless you are in the red on fuel. You should have enough for holding and diversion fuel. No need to declare fuel emergency

3 Likes

Thank you! If I have 30 minutes remaining, then I declare fuel?

You should be fine, I’ll try to get you in efficiently though. What is your callsign?

Yes or divert. As you descend you should be burning a fraction of your fuel. You have an hour fuel available to you once you level off at a lower altitude or as you continually descend for your initial approach into the airspace.

N843TI, this is my first time landing at an airport with IFATC, so please give me feedback on how professional I act.

1 Like

Alright, see you soon, Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks!! (I think I’ll flag this topic for closure now)

1 Like

This has happened to me before. As others has said you should declare a fuel emergency and you might have to divert if the airport cant accept a priority landing.

2 Likes

No he doesnt he will have 1 hr of fuel left by the time he lands. You dont need to declare a fuel emergency. He will be right on what most airlines aim for with fuel calculations

1 Like

He will probably be fine but i dont know his flying habits and speed so

1 Like

I think I will have around 40-50 minutes left, which (I think) is about what airlines typically keep at the end of short haul flights

2 Likes

Pretty sure there’s nothing to fear if traffic levels are not to high. Looks like you have 45+ minutes of fuel remaining, considering less fuel burn during decent.

Just enjoy your flight, if traffic isn’t to extreme at your destination all should be fine (especially as the controller is aware of your issue)!

Have a good flight!