Small aircrafts bouncing

Ok I am having issue with smaller lighter aircrafts. Can fly all the airbus and Boeing. Even the dash 400 is a piece of cake. Love that thing.
The issue is the Cessna and resembling crafts. When I start to throttle they just steer left or right. Can’t maintain a straight line. So, very haywired takeoff.
During landing no matter I touch down at less than -100 VS , they just bounce or goes to the sides and drift off the runway. Any tips guys. Thank you.

1 Like

You are having problems with cross winds. You need to cobat the winds. Watch thid for some help.

1 Like

for taking off, the speed in which you must rotate indeed smaller than if you doing big jets. a cessna 172 could have rotated in 70-80 knots. if you don’t rotate, the plane will veer according to wind.

for landing, have you align yourself with the glide slope? you bounce because you might get down too fast. or you might not have enough degrees of flair.

4 Likes

I think crosswind hits the smaller aircrafts too much. Will keep that in mind. Thank you

2 Likes

With the cessnas it’s probably bouncing as you aren’t landing gently enough, practice landing continuously and you will master it but the smaller aircraft are much harder to fly.

2 Likes

Yeah I will be flying smaller crafts from nowon. Doing pattern flights.

You are veering iff because you arent using rudder in winds, not using aileron deflection and rudder in strong winds, or are taking off above your aircraft’s crosswind guideline. All in all this is pilot error and not a physics error

2 Likes

Yup you are right. It’s a pilot error. Practicing it. Will be found on EGLL with a Cessna or similar doing patterns from nowon on training server.

Better to practice on casual as you dont get violations and wont have to deal with someone thinking they can do tower when they cant.

Thank you for the advice. Wow what a freaking turbulence at Tokyo airport. Landed and skidded on the grass.

Practice on solo, have no wind then slightly increase it once you can land without issues.

1 Like

With single engine aircraft even -100 fpm is too hard. You need to land at less than -50 fpm. I had to experiment with landings in a Cessna over a dozen times on solo to find the ideal vertical speed to land at in a variety of conditions such as no wind to a 15 knot crosswind.

1 Like

Yeah I am trying to practice with Cessna only. Tried 23 Knott winds at Tokyo. That ain’t the ideal winds to dive into Cessna.

It doesn’t hit them too much. You just have learn using the rudder and maybe a bit of aileron as well. I do recommend to train that offline so that you can adjust the weather conditions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.