Small Aircraft crashes, killing one

As much as it pains me to say, there has been another plane crash. Today, sometime before 11:00am CDT, a small plane crashed into a rural field several miles off of SH211 in Bexar/Medina County, TX (near San Antonio). The type of plane has yet to be identified and it is unclear why the plane went down. Officials are saying that it did not appear that the pilot made a distress call. The plane took off from a small airport in Pipe Creek, NW of San Antonio and crashed a short time later just north of Castroville, about 15 miles West of San Antonio. The pilot was 68 years old. Fly High Sir

4 Likes

Then I guess it is incapacitation or suicide.

RIP to this pilot. :(

All aviation crashes are sad. It touches the community as a whole and impacts us. We are a family and it’s horrible to see one of our members pass in a tragic way!

Fly High Sir!

[FYI: You are probably gonna be receiving a “We don’t need a topic for every crash” from a member. In my opinion, this has more substance and should stay open - I’m not a Mod though… So 🤷🏻‍♂️]

5 Likes

This is sad. Until we find out the cause we won’t find out if this is purposely done or an accident.

1 Like

Very saddening and touching for all of us in the Aviation world, may that old man fly high in the heavens where he belongs. I’m sure he must of been a great man, rest in peace. 🙏🏾😔

2 Likes

Just some info for you.

As for every fatal accident, it leaves a dent in aviation enthusiasts’ hearts. This man died doing what he loved, which makes it all the more deeper. Rest In Peace and May you fly higher in heaven. Smooth Skies. 🙏🏻😔

1 Like

My condolences go out to the Gentleman and his family. I’m sure he’s flying high in Heaven!

While I do respect the rules of the forum, this is one thing I don’t agree with. The Real World Aviation category was created so people could post about and discuss RWA news and such. Crashes and Incidents are real world. They do not happen everyday and often times there is a lot that real world pilots can learn. I believe these posts are necessary for discussion so that we may learn from these unfortunate events. Often times, these posts lead to good open discussions which is the goal of this forum.

3 Likes

You are absolutely right, incidents like these don’t happen everyday, and your right about how this is RWA. I do respect the rules here but I think the topics like these need to stay open. This is a very sad event but we should all stick together and pray that the Man will get the well deserved sleep and eternal life he deserves.

1 Like

DO NOT ASSUME ANYTHING!!! we don’t know if it was a “incapacitation or suicide” so you CAN NOT say that its just unfair… NO one here is a NTSB investigator… its a very sad time ant its very very not fair to make any assumptions… The problem with this community is that everyone is apparently a genius about everything… and most people don’t care about General Avation and the fact is General aviation is A LOT more important then commercial without GA there will be no pilots I feel that some people think that they are gonna start flying a 737, But NO you will start your training in a small exciting single engine aircraft. that if maintained properly and flown by good pilots will be Very safe.

1 Like

“DO NOT ASSUME ANYTHING!!! we don’t know if it was a “incapacitation or suicide” so you CAN NOT say that its just unfair… NO one here is a NTSB investigator… its a very sad time ant its very very not fair to make any assumptions…” -@nycjacob

You’re pretty smart for a 15 year old, I always think the same thing when post or comments like that are made. Since none of us a privy to all of the facts, it is best to reserve judgement until the full NTSB report comes out. Good point.

3 Likes