Slow forum

Forum has been very slow recently… Didn’t used to be. Maybe because of increased member numbers, slow internet connection etc. For example, the loading symbol kept ‘loading’ and I waited, but nothing came up so I closed and reopened the website.

3 Likes

That was happening to me in Iran. I had to do that a few times before it worked.

1 Like

its your slow internet nothing else

5 Likes

It never used to happen a few days ago. Other people have been encountering issues as well.

I find that different devices are the problem. Using smaller devices like iPads and phones make a slower pace.

1 Like

I’ve been using the same device all along and the website has gotten slower

3 Likes

Try clearing your cache.

4 Likes

So Safari is slower than Chrome, Chrome is slower than edge?? Ima get edge now

1 Like

Nvm Dush thats on windows only.

1 Like

You must be browsing using Chrome for Android?

You can’t get the up to date version of safari on Windows

Is edge good? Or should I just stay on chrome? Im not having any issues right now.

Am I allowed to post a picture here? I’m having other difficulties with the forum.
Edit: Nevermind the screenshot for some reason turned out all black. Something’s wrong.

NO.

Stay away from Edge, you’ll be plagued with all sorts of problems. It’s based heavily on Internet Explorer, which is a terrible browser based on ancient codebases.

4 Likes

Sounds like a DELL disguised in an alienform… I knew something wasn’t right when someone said Edge is faster than Chrome… I did try Edge, it was slow… really slow…

It’s missing so many features for web developers too… usually there’s [too] much time spent fixing pointless issues in Edge/IE that work fine in every other browser… 🙄

4 Likes

I’ve noticed it’s been acting differently on my phone recently. Just things go out of place at times. Seems fine and normal on all my other devices.

2 Likes

Same here, topics which had their last answer published 5hs ago appear first, I have to refresh the page to make them go away.

2 Likes

Yeah and on mine, my profile icon at the top right corner gets out of place when I select it to view my notifications. Sometimes it moves down a couple centimeters, which is very annoying.

2 Likes

I’m having the following problems:

• Slow forum, have to wait long before a topic loads
  • Sometimes posts go away randomly then reappear
  • Posts stretched located at the side of the screen
  • My whole keyboard disappears when I try to type

I’m using an:

iPad 4
iOS 9.3.1

I think it’s at least partly because of my iOS version. I didn’t have any of these problems before updating, and I actually had a weird ‘greyout’ happening outside of Safari.

1 Like